Lafarge In July

obsessed1

I just heard that the July hunt at LaFarge has been canceled. :faint: The word is that it was due to shutdowns. Hopefully it is only a temporary thing. I guess we will have to wait and see if they will have the October hunt.

I just heard that the July hunt at LaFarge has been canceled. :faint: The word is that it was due to shutdowns. Hopefully it is only a temporary thing. I guess we will have to wait and see if they will have the October hunt.
I have been saying it all along I still believe it runs deeper than shutdowns

I have been saying it all along I still believe it runs deeper than shutdowns

More thne most know, unfortunately, we may never get back in there or if we are allowed, the ways orf the past might change.

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

I heard that a worker was killed in a fall and OSHA came down hard with fines. Might be shut down for good to collectors.

-greel

yea i heard someone was killed fell off something i just hope it isnt closed forever i still need to get in there one time but when you think about it, it may just be. When you have little kids running around its not a good thing. Maybe they well set an age limit or something

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

I heard that a worker was killed in a fall and OSHA came down hard with fines. Might be shut down for good to collectors.

-greel

Greel, you would've heard correct. OHSA found several major violations and hit Lafarge hard. I have a co worker whose brother works out there and he said that they may not let anymore fossil hunting because I guess all Lafrage needs is one more violation and they are shut down. I hate to say it but we collectors/hunters are guests in the quarry and I have witnessed jsut some down right stupid stuff these past couple of trips.

For example, little kids running up to the edge of the pit at top jsut to throw some rocks down into the pit, teenagers pushing each other down the side of huge piles, people running to see what another has found and my favorite, teens again rocking the porta-potty while their buddy is using it.

Last trip, we had the quarry workers out hunting with us due to ozzyrules major 3" ric find and it was dead mint perfect. put my feeding damaged 2" ric to shame!!!! LOL

If they allow fossil hunting in the future they need to have an age limit and what I would do is use stakes w/flags and/or red paint to mark off boundies and tell people you will be imeadiately excorted out of the quarry if you cross the line.

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Greel, you would've heard correct. OHSA found several major violations and hit Lafarge hard. I have a co worker whose brother works out there and he said that they may not let anymore fossil hunting because I guess all Lafrage needs is one more violation and they are shut down. I hate to say it but we collectors/hunters are guests in the quarry and I have witnessed jsut some down right stupid stuff these past couple of trips.

For example, little kids running up to the edge of the pit at top jsut to throw some rocks down into the pit, teenagers pushing each other down the side of huge piles, people running to see what another has found and my favorite, teens again rocking the porta-potty while their buddy is using it.

Last trip, we had the quarry workers out hunting with us due to ozzyrules major 3" ric find and it was dead mint perfect. put my feeding damaged 2" ric to shame!!!! LOL

If they allow fossil hunting in the future they need to have an age limit and what I would do is use stakes w/flags and/or red paint to mark off boundies and tell people you will be imeadiately excorted out of the quarry if you cross the line.

AMEN!!! BROTHER MIKE

I have never been to Lafarge, but friends have and they say it is great. I would hate to see it closed down to hunters. As Mike pointed out the collecting might contiue with appropriate changes. Possibly they can implement some of the same safety measures PCS (aka Lee Creek) has, ie: "guides", boundary markers, personal safety equipment, age limits, etc. We can certainly hope so!