More egg looking

smoovevirgo

I also think they are rocks, but wait for the other's opinion.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

No more comments from me unless (1) you explain why you think each individual specimen is significant, (2) you give the dimensions of each specimen, and (3) you give the geological layer where it was found. This is about the 5th post I've seen where you post photos of rocks hoping to win the lottery.

• I found this Informative 2

Info: Craig Hyatt, retired software/electrical engineer

Experience: Beginner, fossil hunting less than a year

Location: Eagle Pass, TX USA on the border with Mexico, hot dry desert

Formation: Escondido, Marine, Upper Cretaceous

Materials: Sandstone, Mudstone, Shale, Chert, Chalk

Typical: Thalassinoides, Sphenodiscus, Exogyra, Inoceramus

Reference: http://txfossils.com/Txfossils.html

I could see geodized shell material there, but it's hard to say. The third one of the second row looks to be rock. No eggs..., sorry. :(

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Less egg looking would be preferable.

Blazinga! :-D

• I found this Informative 1

Info: Craig Hyatt, retired software/electrical engineer

Experience: Beginner, fossil hunting less than a year

Location: Eagle Pass, TX USA on the border with Mexico, hot dry desert

Formation: Escondido, Marine, Upper Cretaceous

Materials: Sandstone, Mudstone, Shale, Chert, Chalk

Typical: Thalassinoides, Sphenodiscus, Exogyra, Inoceramus

Reference: http://txfossils.com/Txfossils.html

Less egg looking would be preferable.

I agree, you focus on egg shapes, you want to find eggs and you find stones.

I don't know the area where you hunt, i don't know what are your feelings nor the landscape you see, when you go hunting outside.

Maybe if you look up and open your mind at what surrounds you, you'll find fossils or no. Maybe they would be rare ones or no, bigs or littles, but they would always be interesting because they tell the story of where you are.

While your mind is open, you feel easier to organise a hunt of fossils more abordables, you take further information on the spots nearby, on what you can find there, what are the signs that could show that "here, there could be something interesting".

After gathering a while, you'll realize that the richness and variety of fossils are far more worth a fossil of egg. And maybe, one day, you'll really find one, without having a look at it. :)

Edited by fifbrindacier

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

smoovevirgo...

Those are some interesting finds and I can see how you might mistake them for eggs. The shape is right and a couple of them even look like they once had a shell on them but I'm afraid that I'll have to agree with the others in saying that they're not eggs. The 'shell' material doesn't have the right texture and the 'grainy' interior isn't right either. Without giving away any secrets about your collecting locality, can you tell me if you're picking these up in the White River badlands? If so...you might want to take a look at this fossil in my gallery. It actually IS one of the rare bird eggs from South Dakota.

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library