Pterasaur Egg?

jojo

This rock has had me thinking for years and thoughts its probably just natural but there just so many points of interest in it. Have a look and see if you see what I see.

post-1726-1243639570_thumb.jpg

post-1726-1243639585_thumb.jpg

post-1726-1243639598_thumb.jpg

post-1726-1243639613_thumb.jpg

post-1726-1243639626_thumb.jpg

I see a natural rock, albeit one with points of interest.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Sorry, looks like a rock. I don't think pterosaur embryos are known yet. Keep in mind that embryonic remains in fossil eggs are only known from a few localities worldwide, and 99.9999% of fossil eggs have no embryos.

Bobby

I appreciate yall taking a look. When I picked it up . I thought it was a fossilized leaf. But then kept noticing the different things . And it being found in south texas and talk of the long neck long tail pterasaurs found in the big bend area just kept circling my mind. Can you tell what kind a leaf it is?

it isn't a leaf. it's a rock. rocks form in numerous ways and frequently have odd shapes or patterns that lead people to believe there's more there than there really is. but a key to finding real fossils is not to try too hard to see them, or you'll be picking up mastodon tooth fragments that are really oyster shells.

It's a dinosaur rock :D

" We're all puppets, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings. "

Sorry, looks like a rock. I don't think pterosaur embryos are known yet. Keep in mind that embryonic remains in fossil eggs are only known from a few localities worldwide, and 99.9999% of fossil eggs have no embryos.

Bobby

Boesse,

Yes, Pterosaur embryonic remains have been known for some time now, gotta keep up on the literature!

Attached are two brief communications about them with pictures.

ps, that really is just a river rock

-PzF