Restrictions to move fossils out of Italy.

shavedhead

Hello,

I am going to Germany and Italy. I moved out some fossils from Germany several times, but this time I ll take flight back from Italy (from Germ to It I ll take a train).

As I know moving fossils out of Italy is prohibited, so, if i have some fossils from Germany is it possible I ll have problems with a customs in the airport in Rome?

Any suggestions how can I prove that i have German fossils, not Italian?

Thank you!

Maybe you could show them to the German customs officials when you leave and ask them to give you a form. You could phone German customs beforehand to find out if they would do that. I'm assuming you'll have collected the fossils yourself.

Edited by Ludwigia

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

I would post/mail the german fossils before going into italy, then You will not have problems with italian customs.

Just a thought.

Tony

I would post/mail the german fossils before going into italy, ...

Then you're inviting the package to go missing before arriving in your mail box! (maybe pay extra for tracking, but then I suppose there is still no guarantee it'll arrive safely or at all..)

I would post/mail the german fossils before going into italy, then You will not have problems with italian customs.

Just a thought.

Tony

No problems with the German post system - may be slow, but very reliable. Post system in Italy is a different story.

Daniel

Edited by dsalles

Hello,

Any suggestions how can I prove that i have German fossils, not Italian?

Thank you!

You could make them wear lederhosen!! :rofl:

Tony