I Need Help, Pleeease.

barefootgirl

Hey, that's my hammer!! Oh no, hang on, that's yours.............um can I borrow that for a year or two? It's not like your gonna actually ever need it anyway. :D

Excuse me? I just hung two pictures with that thing.

Hi, everyone this is Barefoots daughter littlefoot. I went down in a creek today with my mom and found some stuff and I wasn't even looking for things. I was trying to catch minnows. Mom didn't find much of anything HEHEHE and she ended up forgetting it and leaving it there! Anyway, Mom said the two little brown things looked like turtle shell but she didn't know what the half round thing was or the pretty little metallic things were either. She tried her best to get the metallic tube thingy out in one piece but it just kept falling apart. It was in some really hard rock and was in the shape of a tube. It has a lot of pretty colors in it like gold and green and has crystals right in the middle. We found some more like it but it was not round or shaped like a tube. Mom said it could have been fossils that were replace by some type of mineral, but what she wasn't sure. She said she had seen it before but couldn't remember where ( she is getting old). Could someone here try and help me figure out what I found today, please!!

post-1082-1243908077_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1243908257_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1243908318_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1243908405_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1243908562_thumb.jpg

Above picture mom says it looks like it has cell structure and might be a coral or plant, but she is not sure.

Below is what Mom thinks is turtle.

post-1082-1243908678_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1243908770_thumb.jpg

the six pic down looks like it has bite marks on it like we find on some of the whale bones we find in S.c

the six pic down looks like it has bite marks on it like we find on some of the whale bones we find in S.c

I'll have to look at that one.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

I'm leaning a bit toward Chalcopyrite on that one piece. If it has kind of a metalic orange cast to it besides the rainbow effect that is the likely one. Pyrite or Marcasite will look more yellowish to greenish. The one with the "rust" stain on it is most certainly Pyrite.

I have collected several fossil pieces from Texas (mostly Brachs) and often the pyrite is very unstable and breaks down to a dust. Happily it looks like it is not the case with those. Keep them dry. :)

It is pretty stable and doesn't fall apart when handled. There was actually lots of it in the wall where I got this at but the matrix is so hard its hard to get out. Im taking some dental tools next time. We were going to go back today but it rained to hard.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

[ It's not like your gonna actually ever need it anyway. :D:rofl: I had to do it!!!