Venice Beach, Florida Id

Plantguy

Hello all....Was sorting thru some small stuff from old beach collections at Venice and Casperson....Is the item on the left possibly gator related or a non-fossil??? Any ideas? Seems like I remember seeing a photo and ID somewhere but my memory is shot.....I have collected gator teeth and lots of other small odds and ends at this location.

If you look very very closely at the non-existant scale on the photo you'll notice the tooth in the center is about an inch tall and the item on the left is about 1/2" across....

Your thoughts please.

Regards, Chris

Small_stuff_from_Venice.bmp

the fossil on the left is a fish jaw pretty worn but thats what you have there.

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

pharyngeal grinding tooth plate from a fish. some fish have those plates back around their "throats" to help them crush up shellfish, etc. that they eat.

anyway, that's what it looks like. a closer shot of it and different views, like back and side, would possibly make it easier to confirm.

Thanks for the feedback!. Yep more fish stuff!!.....yep its coming back to me now...I have others---here are some of the other items from this locale besides all of the sharkteeth that are available.....Not sure of getting a better quality photo of this one at this time...limitations in camera performance...Again thanks!! Regards, Chris

Porcupine_Venice.bmp