Round Bone

ashcraft

I was looking in a peat deposit yesterday, before the corn gets too high, and a found a bone pictured below, along with the artifacts.. It passes the burn test, but I don't recognize what it might be from. The bone is dense, is it reptile?

Brent Ashcraft

post-120-1244313246_thumb.jpg

post-120-1244313298_thumb.jpg

post-120-1244313513_thumb.jpg

ashcraft, brent allen

the bone has that cooked in a fire look to it, so im thinkin deer or some other mammal bone that was in a native american cook fire. nice dalton, and other points.

Nice finds! Makes me wanna go out and hunt!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Dang, seeing those artifacts against the red-painted barnwood makes me miss my farm back in Iowa! Nice finds. A buddy and I used to go down south of Kirksville every spring looking for arrowheads. The most I ever came away with was two, and about 150 tick nymphs that were so small I didn't notice them until I got home and took my socks and pants off.

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...