The Rest Of The Story! Jaw Included

barefootgirl

Okay so I got done soaking everything and giving them a nice little scrub. I found what I believe to be a jaw but unfortunately it's in bad shape. I tried my best to get the thing out whole but it just crumbled to pieces. I found a few more things that I'm not sure about but thought they were interesting so brought them home anyway.

post-1082-1244331117_thumb.jpg

Enchodus jaw fragments and a partial mosasaur tooth along with the teeth I found.

post-1082-1244331273_thumb.jpg

Some of the ammonite fragments I found. The one in the middle Barry planted for me to find. Thanks Barry!

post-1082-1244331402_thumb.jpg

This is what I think is a jaw section. The two bones to the bottom belong to it as well.

post-1082-1244331714_thumb.jpg

Just some of the bone frag we found.

post-1082-1244332382_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1244332548_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1244332563_thumb.jpg

Some of the more interesting bone peices.

post-1082-1244332584_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1244332597_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1244332608_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1244332617_thumb.jpg

Odds and ends of our finds.

post-1082-1244332649_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1244332754_thumb.jpg

any idea what the little brown thing is. It looks like wood and reminds me of a knot or something similar.

post-1082-1244333392_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1244333380_thumb.jpg

These are the 2 bottles I found. The soda bottle says Woosies on it. The other one looks like it might have held ink.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Very cool stuff!

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Girl ,sure looks like you found a sweet spot. Great finds. B)B)B):D

It's my bone!!!

Wow! You found a load of stuff. The little brown thing might be a spiral shark coprolite.

The feet seem modern to me.

Agreed. Hominid. Female. Holocene.

RAWR! I am zeee dead bobcat!

The section of jaw looks like Mosasaur to me. Nice haul! B)

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Nice finds..... a good variety or material, including antique bottles.....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Cool little gastropods, and is that a piece of dentalium I see?

RB

You know RB Im not sure. Ive never found anything like that before. I thought maybe nutra tooth or beaver at first but my grandpa trapped beaver and would always give me the teeth and I don't remember them looking like that. You maybe right it could be a Dentalium. I showed it to Snakekeeeper and he was unsure about what it could be as well.

Anyway, thanks RB I had to look Dentalium up. I learned something new today!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Great finds , the bottles are especially interesting , the one does look as if it was a old Indian Ink bottle .

Hunting fossils is fun , but discovering is better !

Wow BFG, maybe you should be called EagleEye .. great finds and thanks for sharing.

a few of the things you have in your hand look like jaw pieces as well i was wondering which you were talking about and then i saw the large mosasaur jaw. If i could only find one, haha very nice

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

a few of the things you have in your hand look like jaw pieces as well i was wondering which you were talking about and then i saw the large mosasaur jaw. If i could only find one, haha very nice

The ones I'm holding are Enchodis jaws. They seem to be a dime a dozen out there and I have about 15 now. It's getting really frustrating to never find one with a whole tooth attached!

Thanks everyone for your kind feedbacks!

Alfred North Whithead

Great finds and story! :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

If there was an award for most productive fossil hunter you'd be giving it a heck of a run. Cool stuff, and thank you for always sharing. It helps me hold back tears when I cant go.

Mike