found VUG

Bob Saunders

This half of a 3 inch wide stone with a VUG was found after the county snow plows damage the shoulder across from my house. I have taken many close up's through my microscope but not enough depth of field to ever look right. image 1.0 full out at 4 inch from the cell phone camera lens.  2.4 max zoom in. raw images straight from my new $99 LG cell phone. auto up loaded by WiFi to my tablet and desk top using Chrome Google-photos. 2 $2.50 each LED flashlights from Menards. Getting more impressed with the new fangled phones. Bob  P.S  Further, I have never decided what all I have or am looking at. Thank's for any ID help. Bob   

20161109_092353.jpg

20161109_092045.jpg

20161109_092234.jpg

20161109_092302.jpg

The rock looks like it is a igneous rock and there are a wide variety of minerals that can be found in that type of "vug". Without doing some technical tests it is hard to differentiate them. You could try to research the location for a mineral list, this may narrow down the possibilities.

Good luck with the search.

Tony

nice crystals.  Vug is an English word; there is no reason to fully capitalize it or put it in quotes.  Thanks, for listening... the Grammar Police.  

• 2 weeks later...

exactly as I found it across the road from my house. most road bed is crushed. also a nice horn coral. A couple of new pictures. QTZ sphere brown and green  

016.JPG

017.JPG

001.JPG