Today's Haul

Pitviper

Had a good day today. This probably only my 6th time fossil hunting now but I'm totally hooked ^_^

560509166_6a7rP-L.jpg

"Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only to what we know of it."

i guess you did have a good day! you even got a piece of an ammonite! nice haul brian! did you go to that "secret spot" i told you about? you need to take a closeup pic of that big fossil on the left, and either post it or send it to me. i wanna check it out up close. lol.

Good going!

Couple real nice Crow Sharks in the mix :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Awesome coloration on all the teeth. That is a great haul. I would love to see closeups of everything.

Pentax Optio W60

i really like the picture itself. the lighting and all is very nice. and i really like the variation in colors in the fossils found. can you say "chiaroscuro"? i thought you could.

Lord Piney, wow, that spot was awesome! My brother got almost as much, and we really only sifted one gravel bar! :)

As for the ammonite... is that the white thing?? I though it was a bit of a shell.

Thanks to all :)

That thing on the left... I have no idea.

560510204_MPedA-L.jpg

560562549_dk4NF-L.jpg

560561948_VRiBo-L.jpg

may i start by saying great picture, and end by telling you great job!

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

That thing on the left... I have no idea.

560510204_MPedA-L.jpg

560562549_dk4NF-L.jpg

560561948_VRiBo-L.jpg

it's a mammal tooth. not sure which one it's from, but im sure someone will know. beautiful man!

Lord Piney, wow, that spot was awesome! My brother got almost as much, and we really only sifted one gravel bar! :)

As for the ammonite... is that the white thing?? I though it was a bit of a shell.

Thanks to all :)

i would never steer you wrong brian. im glad you got to check it out. now keep it to yourself! lol. the ammonite is the scalloped fossil in the second row down from the top, 3rd one in from the left. nice! ive gotta work this weekend but the following i'll be up. lets meet up. i'll take you to another "secret spot" shhhhhhh.

i would never steer you wrong brian. im glad you got to check it out. now keep it to yourself! lol. the ammonite is the scalloped fossil in the second row down from the top, 3rd one in from the left. nice! ive gotta work this weekend but the following i'll be up. lets meet up. i'll take you to another "secret spot" shhhhhhh.

Sounds good, you got my number :)

Great pictures. Thank you for the large version. I can look at thast one for a while.

Pentax Optio W60

Now that you got the fossil bug there's no turning back! Please keep sharing all your great finds!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Great finds! I'll have to meet up with you all at some point since you know where all the good stuff is squirreled away. ;)

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Thanks everyone! I love the color variation in these teeth!

561257940_WHiGc-L.jpg