Last Hunt Of The Season Here..........

jpbowden

Had to go into town today and get a load of boxes, as we are packing to move. But this is another story, anyway found a van full and saw a few nice looking layers that needed to be checked out and they had a load of nice looking Texigryphaea (These are all I took) laying about and some echinoids. There were also some nice gastropods and fish vertebra laying about, must have had a good rain here also. Got home and started cleaning the dust of of them when to my surprise, one had been made the main coarse of some Pycnodonts meal! It need farther cleaning but will be done in time.

If you look close it starts with two round punctures and then down to the "can opener" part of the tooth. These are the front two teeth.

post-749-1244919185_thumb.jpg

post-749-1244919193_thumb.jpg

post-749-1244919202_thumb.jpg

post-749-1244919209_thumb.jpg

For some of you that are in this area, if you know where the Walmart is in Killeen, check out the deposits behind the strip mail east of it, go when it early cause it gets hot fast.

Oyster on the half-shell!

Great predation fossil :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!