Kamp Ranch Krawl

jax

So today I took my son out for his first fossil hunt ever. At 1 1/2 he didnt do too bad. The weather was hot, and the rocks were everywhere. We managed to find a handful of nice Ptychodus teeth, a nice tooth in the matrix, and a fish tooth of some kind. I learned my lesson early when I walked in front of my son and got nailed by a rock.... :faint: yep, the boy has got an arm! Not a bad haul for about an hours worth of hunting.

justin

post-221-1244930417_thumb.jpg

post-221-1244930455_thumb.jpg

post-221-1244930475_thumb.jpg

post-221-1244930503_thumb.jpg

post-221-1244930522_thumb.jpg

I see that locality is still kicking out teeth after it rains. Last time I looked I found nothing! Hopefully Me and Rozilla can get over that way after we've checked a million other spots. :P

Nice teeth and your son is a cutie. I can tell by his expression

he takes his hunting very seriously! :D

Welcome to the forum!

I see that locality is still kicking out teeth after it rains. Last time I looked I found nothing! Hopefully Me and Rozilla can get over that way after we've checked a million other spots. :P

It got washed pretty good. I didnt get to look real good cause my attention was elsewhere dodging rocks. Not many houses being built, which is a good thing

The boy looks like he's totally involved in what he's doing; 1 1/2 is the age of discovery, where the boundaries are the physical world and time does not exist yet. What was his first fossil? Or did he bean you with it?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

The boy looks like he's totally involved in what he's doing; 1 1/2 is the age of discovery, where the boundaries are the physical world and time does not exist yet. What was his first fossil? Or did he bean you with it?

He didnt exactly find any fossils, but everything "we" found went on display for mom when she got home. It was just great to have him out there with me. Soon he will be finding everything and leaving me with nothing.....

He didnt exactly find any fossils, but everything "we" found went on display for mom when she got home. It was just great to have him out there with me. Soon he will be finding everything and leaving me with nothing.....

Take a page from tracer's playbook re: TJ's collection-sharing, and don't do those things! :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!