Trade/sale Section Gone?

racevw112

You have to have posted a certain amount of posts before that forum can be viewed. This has been implemented to keep dealers that would be potential problems for the forum from using it for their own benefit. Basically it is a scam prevention tactic.

And makes sure that those who use and view are actually contributing to the board. Good show!

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

And makes sure that those who use and view are actually contributing to the board. Good show!

Now you got it ;)

What am I missing. Bmore's link doesn't work and I can't find the for sale section either. Surely I must have enough posts to qualify (and no, I won't stop calling you Shirley)

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Wierd. After I posted that, it showed up. An "open sesame" sort of thing????

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

i did it with the wand thingee auspex gave me. now i'm trying to figure out how to unshrink tj's head...

Exact same thing that happend to me. I felt real stupid after saying the group was not there and go back and find it.

:rolleyes:

Even though you already had enough posts, it took one more for the new set up to know that.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I think that's a great idea! Kinda like a bonus section for TRUE members! Good job Anson!

Ok, maybe that will work for me also? B)B)B):D Well that worked, I can see it now !!

post-23-1245681429_thumb.jpg

It's my bone!!!

So the general trend is against commercial collection? I'm certainly not opposed to a little BST on the forums, but I generally dont support commercial collecting.

People should get off their arses and go get it!

- to be able to lead, you must first refuse to follow

- is that a rock hammer in your pocket, or are you just that happy to see me?

- where are all the unicorn fossils? that stupid troll lied to me!

PS, my avatar is Galeodes arabs, the largest species of solifugid. this one is a baby.....

So the general trend is against commercial collection? I'm certainly not opposed to a little BST on the forums, but I generally dont support commercial collecting.

People should get off their arses and go get it!

The opinions among the membership regarding purchased vs. self-collected are all over the map. Most agree that dealers who don't contribute but join just for the free advertising are not an asset; the minimum-posts for access to the trades & sales section is meant to cut down on that disruption.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

The opinions among the membership regarding purchased vs. self-collected are all over the map. Most agree that dealers who don't contribute but join just for the free advertising are not an asset; the minimum-posts for access to the trades & sales section is meant to cut down on that disruption.

Good idea. As for gettin of our arses and collecting... :P Not till i can afford to go to those places...

Be true to the reality you create.

Excellent idea!!! This will be very beneficial to our forum and prevent many potential problems from arising. It would be interesting to see what people's opinions are on the commercial collecting subject. I myself just sell what I over-zealously collect, but I know there's a few who buy and collect only to sell. I have mixed feelings about it myself XD

Excellent idea!!! This will be very beneficial to our forum and prevent many potential problems from arising. It would be interesting to see what people's opinions are on the commercial collecting subject. I myself just sell what I over-zealously collect, but I know there's a few who buy and collect only to sell. I have mixed feelings about it myself XD

A lot of people have mixed feelings regarding that. Click here to see a topic that was about it.

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

ANyone know the magic number?

Secret. If it gets posted, we'll have to raise it.