Round, shells covered fossil. What is it?

booratino

>> It would be better if you could make your point with a reference to scientific documentation. 

Great idea. Please tell me how this creature's name is and I will post link to scientific documentation. 

>> Are You saying You think it is a crinoid calyx?

I supposed first that it may be core of Platycrinus symmetricus, number 8 on this picture:

http://old-animal.ru/pict.php?rid=827

But now I'm not sure, if You can check kindly deleted by admin ebay refs, You will find that some thunder eggs looks like "Cell division". So I think that it's possibly unicellular something. But why this unicellular shell armored? :)

4 minutes ago, booratino said:

>> It would be better if you could make your point with a reference to scientific documentation. 

Great idea. Please tell me how this creature's name is and I will post link to scientific documentation. 

:)   You presume that it is a "creature" when most members responding think it is geologic in origin.  If you want to make a nice argument for being a fossil, then please provide something more substantial than a "seller's" link or description.   Please keep your replies respectful.  ;)

• I found this Informative 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

>> You presume that it is a "creature" when most members responding think it is geologic in origin.

Most members are mistaken. Please give an example of symmetric geological formathions? On the ebay photos it was clearly visible.

4 minutes ago, booratino said:

Please give an example of symmetric geological formathions?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderegg

1 minute ago, booratino said:

Still think it's geological?

Yes it is a geological rock and has no biological connection.

@booratino You might get a good explanation at a local university or museum.  If you are close to Moscow, you could try to contact someone at the Paleontological_Institute,_Russian_Academy_of_Sciences.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderegg

Ok, please explan me how volcano can make 6 symmetrically arranged surfaces, covered with mother of pearl?

ps: some of thundereggs I saw are really geological, but another, like this one, are different.

>>  If you are close to Moscow, you could try to contact someone at thePaleontological_Institute,_Russian_Academy_of_Sciences.

Thanks. I've created same topic on their forum. :)

5 hours ago, booratino said:

, please explan me how volcano can make 6 symmetrically arranged surfaces,

http://www.geologypage.com/2016/10/thunderegg.html

with mother of pearl

It is not covered with this material. It is a mineral that looks like mother of pearl, but it is not!

: some of thundereggs I saw are really geological, but another, like this one, are different.

All thundereggs are geological. They may look different but they are formed in the same manner.

• I found this Informative 2

once again,i have to side with Tony.

I have only a very modest understanding of silica diagenesis and bivalve mineralogy,but I don't think that is nacre     

Amazingly enough both nacre and opal formation proceeds from amorphous precursor phases.

It's a funny ole world

The formation of thundereggs seems to be correlated with rhyolitic volcanism.  

Well,that figures

@booratino

Unfortunately, we must agree to disagree. 

You will not change any of our minds on this being geological, and obviously you are convinced otherwise. 

Your ideas just aren't being entertained here, and I'm afraid that further discussion would be counterproductive. 

As such, I am locking this thread. 

We hope you get an answer to your questions, although I suspect we have already done so. ;) 

Best of luck to you in your quest for answers. :) 

Kind regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015     MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png  PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png   Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg   Screenshot_202410.jpg      IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

• Fossildude19 locked this topic