Help With Vertebrae Id

fig rocks

Is there someone who can help with a fossil ID? Someone gave me this vertebrae and it had a partial sticker on it "Titanothere? vertebrae" It's about 3" tall and 3 1/2" wide at the back and 3" deep from front to back. :)

post-1761-1245950300_thumb.jpg

post-1761-1245950320_thumb.jpg

post-1761-1245950342_thumb.jpg

post-1761-1245950379_thumb.jpg

post-1761-1245950402_thumb.jpg

post-1761-1245950454_thumb.jpg

Assuming the label is correct, Titanotheres (aka Brontotherium) were a large, rhinoceros-like relative of the horse during the Oligocene.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Assuming the label is correct, Titanotheres (aka Brontotherium) were a large, rhinoceros-like relative of the horse during the Oligocene.

Cool. Now I know what to tell people other than "fossilized bone of some kind"... Thanks again Fig rocks, this will make a lovely addition to my zoooooooo....

- to be able to lead, you must first refuse to follow

- is that a rock hammer in your pocket, or are you just that happy to see me?

- where are all the unicorn fossils? that stupid troll lied to me!

PS, my avatar is Galeodes arabs, the largest species of solifugid. this one is a baby.....

Cool. Now I know what to tell people other than "fossilized bone of some kind"... Thanks again Fig rocks, this will make a lovely addition to my zoooooooo....

Zoo? I like that! :D

I have all sorts of whacked out stuff here, it's like a mini museum of natural history....fossils, minerals and crystals, skulls n bones, antique stuff.... all I got for herps right now is my chameleon chongo, and the family pet boa constrictor.... I refer to the collective madness as "the zoo" I should be charging admission, haha

- to be able to lead, you must first refuse to follow

- is that a rock hammer in your pocket, or are you just that happy to see me?

- where are all the unicorn fossils? that stupid troll lied to me!

PS, my avatar is Galeodes arabs, the largest species of solifugid. this one is a baby.....