Help Id Insect Tracks

KALA

These are some tracks I came across while digging last summer. i don't know to much about the location, i belive it was in the unita basin in utah. we were digging for bird tracks and this is what i found. I know i didn't give very much info to go on. but if anyone what have any clues on what they might be i would love to here it

thanks

Kala

post-207-1201589609_thumb.jpg

post-207-1201589624_thumb.jpg

post-207-1201589637_thumb.jpg

alsmost looks like lots of worm burrows....sifting through the sand.....hmm

pretty cool whatever they are :D

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Was the rock formed in fresh water? I believe Insects do not live in salt water so it is more likely they are the trails of some other type of invertebtare. Worm is a distinct possibility.

• 1 month later...

after looking at the fossil in person we were able to identify them as fossil nematode trackways. they are little tiny worm-like creatures the flipped around leaving zig-zag tracks. by the way they are green river formation, eocene.

Brock

after looking at the fossil in person we were able to identify them as fossil nematode trackways. they are little tiny worm-like creatures the flipped around leaving zig-zag tracks. by the way they are green river formation, eocene.

Brock

Hey Brock, You seem to know quite alot of stuff! At least now I know what those are. I went looking for preserved raindrops, and did find some, but found lots and lots of birdtracts and some kind of insect trails. They are all still wrapped up and in a box somewhere. I havent looked at them since I found them. Just been too busy these last 3 years. Seems a person cant come onto this forum and not learn something? How nice is that?

RB

Yeah, Brock's wisdom far outpaces his years. For a guy in his mid 20's he sure knows his stuff.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

thanks for the compliments and the web links. those are very informative papers. i learned a bit more about the wierd little tracks myself.

Brock