A Couple Of Unknowns From Recent Trips...

safossils

I have no clue what this first imge is. It is from the Cambrian age Abrigo formation.

unknowncambrianfossilwithscale.jpg

I think this second image is a bivalve rudist, but it does not look like any rudists I could find online. It is from the Early Cretaceous Mural Limestone.

rudist609withscale.jpg

Any help appreciated.

Walt

More Images

This is a form of Echinoderm. I would have said that this was a Cystoid, but most cystoids didn't show up until the Ordovician. Still, there were some Cambrian cystoids such as Eocystites, so maybe not out of the question.

The first image does look like a Crinoid. I did not realize they went back that far, but the Abrigo is late Cambrian. I'll go with Cambrian age Echinoderm.

I think Trigonia is also correct. Thanks for that. I found an image that looks very similar at:

Trigonia

Again,

Thanks for the help

I don't see anything in the first but I will definitely agree with Trigonia as the second.

The first image does look like a Crinoid. I did not realize they went back that far, but the Abrigo is late Cambrian. I'll go with Cambrian age Echinoderm.

I think Trigonia is also correct. Thanks for that. I found an image that looks very similar at:

Trigonia

Again,

Thanks for the help

Echinoderms certainly go bact to the Cambrian. The classic Cambrian echinoderm that I am most aware of and have collected is the Eocrinoid Gogia spiralis which can be found in Utah. Carpoids are also similar in appearance, to a certian extent, and form this time period. I do think that the echinoderm route is definitely the direction to continue your research.