More Finds From The Queen

Crinoid Queen

I went out today again found a lot! I am so blessed here lattly! My next door naighbors gave me there 88 mercedies to replace my POS neon, I got an internship at a Veterinarians office and i am finding a snarge load of crinoids this summer. Here is the scytalocrinus decadactalus i have cleaned. I will post more of them as i get them cleaned.

post-1179-1246081255_thumb.jpg

Very nice .....well done finding that, and having the patience to uncover it.......

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Curious???

What are the differences from S. disparilis?

The S. disparilis has a different calix plates. It is hard to describe sry. The only thing i can tell you is go to http://www.indiana9fossils.com/Crinoids/Cr...le-Crinoids.htm and look at the two close together. The firs set of plates from the bottom of the calix is where they are different. I have found about 7 S. decadactalus so they r just easy for me to ID now.

another great find from the irrefutable Queen - great job (as usual)

:blush: thanx

Guest solius symbiosus
The S. disparilis has a different calix plates. It is hard to describe sry. The only thing i can tell you is go to http://www.indiana9fossils.com/Crinoids/Cr...le-Crinoids.htm and look at the two close together. The firs set of plates from the bottom of the calix is where they are different. I have found about 7 S. decadactalus so they r just easy for me to ID now.

I'm thinking that the one pictured above is S. disparilis. It is kind of hard to distinguish from the photo, as it is kind of blurry. But, S. decadactalus has a more "squarish" basal; whereas, the basals on S. disparilis are more triangular(cuneate).