Crab In Rock

Frank Menser

More box unloading turned this up. Bought it way back when but the label was lost in moving. Sorry about the detail (it's the best shot I could get of it). The left leg and claw seem to be missing on this. Any idea what species of crab this might be...or locality?

(Iknow needle in a haystack...)

post-1313-1246211932_thumb.jpg

Be true to the reality you create.

IMHO is a Longusorbis cuniculosus from Vancouver.

Greetings.

Thanks! :D

I'll second that, Longusorbis cuniculosis for sure. Location: Shelter Point, Campbell River, Vancouver Island B.C. Formation: Oyster Bay

It is the only place in the world they are found but there are a lot of them there. I'm prepping out a couple right now.

I'll second that, Longusorbis cuniculosis for sure. Location: Shelter Point, Campbell River, Vancouver Island B.C. Formation: Oyster Bay

It is the only place in the world they are found but there are a lot of them there. I'm prepping out a couple right now.

Great! Plenty of details for the specimen card. Love it :D

I think it is truly fascinating when a certain fossil is found in just one place. I know of another fossil

that is also found in one place. Makes me wonder if maybe others are found elsewhere and the ID is given to the wrong one. Do you ever think that? I have always found this a great puzzle.

Welcome to the forum!