Into The Alabama Cretaceous

Hawkeye

To be clear I visit the site from time to time, most recently last May.  It's unlikely that much would have changed since then.  We had 3 inches of rain in a day and a half here in North Georgia and the system came from the southwest so the fossil site got more rain than that.  To get to the outcrop you have to cross a fairly wide creek and with that much rain the water will be too deep to cross for a while.  I did not "check" in the sense of driving over there to look, as it is a 3 1/2 hr drive for me.

Don

• I found this Informative 1

3 hours ago, Huntonia said:

Yep this is the kind of thing I'm talking about, thanks for taking the time to check Don

4 hours ago, Huntonia said:

Indeed! I would recommend you definately do some up to date research before hunting anywhere. In 10 years a site could be hunted dry, become unsafe, or boundary lines and/or local and even state laws could change making it illegal to hunt a particular site. 

FYI I do my own research before visiting a site. If it looks like it’s on private property or hunting grounds, I don’t go. I get permission first. The site was underwater due to recent rainfall, just like every other creek And river site in Alabama right now. It Doesn’t mean I’m not going to stop and check it out.

• I found this Informative 1