Nice Ammolite Cabs

fig rocks

These are some fragments we found surface collecting that have been prepared for jewelry. :D

post-1761-1246327898_thumb.jpg

Fabulous! Are they triplets?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Excellent specimens I just wish they weren't so expensive, I think the wife would like a Ammolite pendant some day.

Did you find these?

Yes Nicholas, and I make them into pendents wrapped with sterling silver wire and I would give you a very good deal on one! :P

Yes Nicholas, and I make them into pendents wrapped with sterling silver wire and I would give you a very good deal on one! :P

post-1761-1246330670_thumb.jpg

they are absolutly beautiful! do you sell the cabs by themselves? pm me a pricelist if you have one.
Yes I do. Each cab is unique so each is priced individually. I will be making new ones later this week. This is all I have at the moment for loose stones.

Yes I do. Each cab is unique so each is priced individually. I will be making new ones later this week. This is all I have at the moment for loose stones.

awesome! no hurry. whenever you get a surplus, just let me know.

Fig, you could probably interest a lot of people on the forum if you are as good with Shark tooth wire wraps as you are with the gemstones.

Beautiful!! What is it coated with? Some kind of polyester resin?
We use a 2 part epoxy called Envirotex. :)

Fig..... Very nice work..... Beautiful....I'm very impressed..... I bet those sell as soon as you display them..... I have a good friend who makes Jewellry out of Whitby Jet..... I bet circular pieces of ammolite would look good against a 'jet black bacground'.......... I bet you would like a nosey at his work.... I will message you his website address so it doesnt look like 'blatent advertisment' ...lol....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Fig..... Very nice work..... Beautiful....I'm very impressed..... I bet those sell as soon as you display them..... I have a good friend who makes Jewellry out of Whitby Jet..... I bet circular pieces of ammolite would look good against a 'jet black bacground'.......... I bet you would like a nosey at his work.... I will message you his website address so it doesnt look like 'blatent advertisment' ...lol....
Thanks TerryD! I'll most certainly check out his website. It's always good to see original work. :)

Those are really nice! I've been working on some fossil jewelry. I'll post some pics when I get a few pieces together.

Those are really nice! I've been working on some fossil jewelry. I'll post some pics when I get a few pieces together.
Cool, I can't wait to see them! :)