A Few African Minerals

fig rocks

Fibrous Malachite (copper carbonate hydroxide) from Kolwezi mine, Kolwezi, Western area, Shaba Cu belt, Shaba(Katanga), Democratic Republic of Congo(Zaire)

post-1761-1246329516_thumb.jpg

Okorusu Flourite from the Okorusu mine(Okarusu mine), Otjiwarongo District, Otjozondjupa Region, Namibia

post-1761-1246329938_thumb.jpg

And from the good old USA a couple nuggets of old stock turquoise from the Kingman mine. :rolleyes:

post-1761-1246330185_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Oh! Wow!

Some very nice specimens!

Were these purchased or found?

"To do is to be." -Socrates

"People are Stupid." -Wizard's First Rule

"Happiness is a warm Jeep." -Auspex

Oh! Wow!

Some very nice specimens!

Were these purchased or found?

Yah, that was the result of my last trip to Africa, LOL, No really I order lots of minerals for my business from Africa and Madagascar. FYI the amethyst cactus quartz are mined by woman by hand in South Africa and this is why you'll never find very big specimens because they have to carry them back to the village, all my specimens are fair trade! :)

Cool Amethyst and the turquoise from the Kingman mine is great asI said before sold my old King stuff years ago for a lot of money hate to ask what it sales for now. Pretty stuff Fig thanks for showing us.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Hahaha... It was a genuine question.....

but those are still very pretty!

I would be stoked as the packages started to arrive!

"To do is to be." -Socrates

"People are Stupid." -Wizard's First Rule

"Happiness is a warm Jeep." -Auspex

Cool Amethyst and the turquoise from the Kingman mine is great asI said before sold my old King stuff years ago for a lot of money hate to ask what it sales for now. Pretty stuff Fig thanks for showing us.
Hi, Seldom, all of my turquoise that I have I inherited 10,000 ct, was acquired in Quartzsite in the 1960's I have specimens from almost every mine in the Southwest, some specimens were marked hat mine, two men, two days, two wheel barrels. Kind of cool eh! :)

Very cool! I'm guessing you are into minerals :D I have a fiance' that likes minerals more than fossils so I am trying to find some sites we can hunt at together near MD.

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Very cool! I'm guessing you are into minerals :D I have a fiance' that likes minerals more than fossils so I am trying to find some sites we can hunt at together near MD.
Ya, but now I'm into fossils just as much as rocks! All the places I know of are north of the border. :blink:

Ya, but now I'm into fossils just as much as rocks! All the places I know of are north of the border. :blink:

You can always trade for some of my fossils :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

I have a fiance' that likes minerals more than fossils so I am trying to find some sites we can hunt at together near MD.

Piece of cake! Convince her that clay is a mineral :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Great finds! Love the orange quartz and the turquoise! ^_^

"All the dinosaurs are real, based on fossil evidence. Whether the rest is real depends on you. It belongs in the marble hall, not that of the museum, but of your imagination, the other side of the mirror, the world that is in the end more true."-James Gurney, Preface to Dinotopia

Hi Fig and Phoenixflood

checkout Mindat. Type the area you're interested in, into the 'Locality search' box, (top rh side)

KOF, Bill.

Welcome to the forum, all new members

www.ukfossils check it out.

Orange River quartz from the Orange River Valley, South Africa :)

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!! If I win that sphere can you send that as a little kicker. :P

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!! If I win that sphere can you send that as a little kicker. :P
You want a little kicker? OK, bendover! :P