Where is everybody ????

worthy 55

I have only been on this form a short time , and only have seen 6 only 6 members out of 25 make post and out of that only 4 are constant where is everyone? :(

It's my bone!!!

Well, keep in mind that the entire forum essentially started from scratch very recently. It takes time for a message board to accumulate active posters. It's tough to bring in new active posters as well, even for forums that have more general topics. I imagine that it is even harder for one that deals with a niche hobby like fossil collecting and paleontology.

Yeah, we did have a bit more before we restarted the forum..... There's tons of people out there that I know would use this forum if they knew about it.... I think that's the biggest problem.......... I'd like to get a table at one of the fossil shows and hand out cards with the sites address... I think that would bring in a few more active posters and maybe get the forum a little better known..

We also have a few members that have kinda disappeared on us after the restart. It's rather frustrating to take the time to post your entiore collection and then have to do it over again so some have chosen not too just yet.

I understand , I will tell my other fossil hunting friends about this forum. There is an artifact show soon at St Leo I will find out when an maybe I will go. I will let you know. 8)

It's my bone!!!

As already said, just takes time to re-build a forum.  I'm back from my holiday now so I can post more though  :D

As Worthy said, we should all contact our fossil collecting buddies and let them know about this forum.  Invite them to join here.  :D

I'm in the process of resetting up my account with WebTV. I will, hopefully, soon rephotograph my collection & repost it. It will take awhile. I would think it will be at least six months before we will see a surge in old members returning as we rebuild the site. Patients is the key word.

Mike :)

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past