Last Finds After The Big Rain At The Nsr

mommabetts

I has gotten to hot to go to the river now, but the last time I was there after the big rain we got up here I went out and found a few things and have just been lazy about posting them. So, sitting here by my self on the 4th I figured I would do it, to give me something to do. I am just going to post the pictures of every thing together here but over on the fossil ID topic I am going to post the ones that I am not sure what they are, so If anyone can help, please take a look at it for me and let me know what you think. post-498-1246755854_thumb.jpg post-498-1246755882_thumb.jpg post-498-1246755903_thumb.jpg post-498-1246755930_thumb.jpg post-498-1246755960_thumb.jpg post-498-1246755990_thumb.jpg post-498-1246755990_thumb.jpg post-498-1246756076_thumb.jpg post-498-1246756110_thumb.jpgpost-498-1246756144_thumb.jpgpost-498-1246756181_thumb.jpg post-498-1246756203_thumb.jpgpost-498-1246756235_thumb.jpg

post-498-1246756030_thumb.jpg

Thank"s I needed that

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Very nice finds Mommabetts, I bet you have quite the collection! :D Thanks for sharing.

Well might as well stay home till it rains again. You did good. You deserve a reward. I hereby grant you an atta girl! & 3, count 'em, 3 gold stars!! We both have a vertebrate from the same critter. 1st row, 3rd & 4 th photos. That mineral coloration is too unusal to not to be. I will look up my photos for comparison. If you don't hear from me in a couple of days, please remind me, as I have a lot of distractions at this time, plus Oldtimers Disease is kicking in. :rolleyes: Really nice haul.

Mike

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

i've said it before and i'll say it again - the north sulphur river is really cool. i've never been there at a "good" time or found that many cool parts of marine reptiles, but i dearly love that place. it has such variety, and when you climb down into the riverbed and start walking, the vastness of it holds so much promise.

besides - where else could you zig when you shoulda zagged and find yourself, "lost in ladonia"?

i've said it before and i'll say it again - the north sulphur river is really cool. i've never been there at a "good" time or found that many cool parts of marine reptiles, but i dearly love that place. it has such variety, and when you climb down into the riverbed and start walking, the vastness of it holds so much promise.

besides - where else could you zig when you shoulda zagged and find yourself, "lost in ladonia"?

So true, but if you blink, you will miss Ladonia.

Hey MB,

Great finds! Is that a broken Mososaur tooth above the encodus teeth? That stinks that its broken, Mososaur teeth are awesome! Again great finds! Thanks for sharing!

DO, or do not. There is no try.

WOW - great haul MB!

Hopefully you'll get a cool front soon and can take advantage for a quick fix trip!

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Radar this morning showed lots of rain up that a way. Hopefully it's for real. Down here in Austin its just plain hot.

Oh, and nice stuff!

Great job Lorraine! Ya did good! That big vert is in great shape!

I'll see ya out there in the Fall, or if we get a cold front before then :D

It does look like the river is getting a good wash. I might drive up there later in the week. Barry, can I crash on your couch? :rolleyes:

Hey MB,

Great finds! Is that a broken Mososaur tooth above the encodus teeth? That stinks that its broken, Mososaur teeth are awesome! Again great finds! Thanks for sharing!

Yes it is a mossy tooth, I agree, I wish it was whole because I love it when I find a good one but it wasn't in the cards that day.

It does look like the river is getting a good wash. I might drive up there later in the week. Barry, can I crash on your couch? :rolleyes:

Yes, it started raining about midnight last night and is still raining now. It is just a light rain now but it rained pretty good earlier this morning. I think I might go out there on Monday since it isn't going to be that hot and see what I can find.

Here is the vertebra that I thought looked like it may have come from the same critter as yours.

post-15-1247204257_thumb.jpg

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Mommabetts.... Thats quite a selection you have there.... Nice quality to, very well done....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Nice haul! I haven't hunted up river, where you found those, in a couple of years. I need to switch areas next time for some variety. I'm finding a lot of ammonites down river, but they are all concreted in calcite.

Seems to be a phosphorous deposit up there.

Come on cool front!

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

That first vert looks like a croc vert. I've got a similar large Pliocene crocodylian vertebra somewhere, and the articular surfaces are very close in shape as well as profile. For what its worth.