Pearl Anyone?

jax

After the Doc cracked my back the other day I can bend and crawl thru the Kamp Ranch with no trouble. The first thing I find, a Pearl! Its not perfectly round, but the round pearl is in the disk. I havent found any like this, but have seen pics of them. The back side is wore a little, and you can see the layers of the pearl.

I also found a few tiny Ptychodus. I took this pic for JohnJ. Trying to compare to your 3 on a dime. I got 5 on a dime :P .

Thanks for looking.

Justin

post-221-1246918771_thumb.jpg

post-221-1246918788_thumb.jpg

post-221-1246918818_thumb.jpg

Dang, Justin, what is it with you and pearls? This one's purdy neat; from one of those free-range bivalves!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Nice pearl but good luck stringing that..(lol)

Gotta say it, how do you recognise that? I'd have missed it no problem...

Be true to the reality you create.

I love those pearls and am going to have to start

to call you, Captain Jax.

Welcome to the forum!

Glad you got to explore a little.The weather has been quite nice here the last two days.

Great finds!

I stopped on the way home from work. I walked outside expecting to feel 100 degrees, but it felt great.

It is hard to see them. If the sun is shining from a certain direction, theres no way I would spot them. The black teeth hide sometimes. I have to be on all fours to spot them. And this site has seeds that have fallen off a tree, and they look like them too. Not to mention all the bird snarge I picked up..... <_< . Dont say it. I know im not the only one that has mistaken it for a fossil.

Ok, I fall for what I think are fossils but they aren't. Think maybe rabbit pellets... :P

Welcome to the forum!

Thats a pretty neat find! I've never found anything close to a pearl before! Congrats!

One way of telling a fossil is to tap in on your teeth!

(Bytheway... rabbit pellets and bird droppings do not feel like fossils.... or taste)

"To do is to be." -Socrates

"People are Stupid." -Wizard's First Rule

"Happiness is a warm Jeep." -Auspex

Man, Justin...your pearl collection...too cool. You should post some pics of all the pearls you've found.

And yeah, some birds are better at imitating fossils than others :o

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Man, Justin...your pearl collection...too cool. You should post some pics of all the pearls you've found.

And yeah, some birds are better at imitating fossils than others :o

I'll get the pics up in a few days. Im heading out of town tomorrow.

Justin- congrats on another cool pearl find!

BTW all - he'll be the only guy on the outcrop wearing a scuba mask! I think that's his trick for finding pearls!

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"