Dinosaur vertebra

Strepsodus

Hi.  I have this Cretaceous dinosaur vertebra from the Isle of Wight, UK.  Can anyone identify which part of the spine it came from?

Thanks,

Daniel

image.thumb.jpg.17c091318b2c30ad43a95f482da0ba7c.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.f8c7c0b9aab1d1051be7de7cd18a5469.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.dba091dd24ebe906c32a6feeb80aa2b0.jpg

1 minute ago, Troodon said:

Looks like a caudal vertebra

Hi.  Thanks for your help.

Daniel

Iguanodon I think. You need to be much more specific with location as Isle of Wight isn't good enough. It has a huge palaeontologic range. Bet you found it on or near Atherfield beach ;) Again @TXV24 might help. 

• I found this Informative 1

Hi, 

Unfortunately I'm really not good with my dinosaur physiology, but the vast majority of material like this specimen that we get on our west coast, is simply referred to as Iguanodon, although we have two common iguanodontids here, Iguanodon bernissartensis  and Mantellisaurus atherfieldensis, so the most reliable ID that could be made would be Iguanodontid Indet. Locality wise a vertebrae like that would probably be from anywhere between Sudmoor Point and Shepherd's Chine, as Brook and Compton Bays are majorly overcollected these days. 

• I found this Informative 3

I agree with troodon... looks caudal.  I think I can make out two spots on the bottom where the chevron would have attached.  

• I found this Informative 1

Hi.  Thanks for the replies.  Unfortunately I don't know the location as I bought it from a shop and the label only said 'Dinosaur vertebra, Isle of Wight.'

Thanks,

Daniel