Raptor ways to kill its prey

Hendrix Campbell

This may not be entirely supported by science but I like to imagine them hunting like wolves. Driving out the weaker individuals from the herd before surrounding the isolated prey item and slowly, bite by bite, killing it. Definitely a calculated kill trying to stay out of physical harm. Though, I also think that any injured individual would be taken care of. As for the feeding pecking order, I'd assume it to be like most other pack animals. But who knows, Fossils can only say so much!

I would say that the killing methods of raptors varied species to species.

Some would just grab smaller prey and some would attack in packs. Some were ambush predators while others would actively hunt their prey, while others probably scavenged their food.

There are to many species for them all to have used the same methods.

Most raptors use their keen sense of vision to swipe down on critters from the sky:D just kidding. I imagine most to hunt in packs (Flocks?) as the others have already said.

Happy hunting,

Mason

20 hours ago, ynot said:

I would say that the killing methods of raptors varied species to species.

Some would just grab smaller prey and some would attack in packs. Some were ambush predators while others would actively hunt their prey, while others probably scavenged their food.

There are to many species for them all to have used the same methods.

I agree, hadn't thought of the larger raptors such as Dakotaraptor