Monmouth and Matawan formations

Miocene_Mason

I recently discovered someone in the family has a property on the Paleocene Aquia formation, in which I will certainly hunt. But, a creek behind the house has both this formation as well as two Cretaceous ones, the Monmouth and matawan formation. Does anyone know if these produce fossils or have any literature on them? Or is this gonna be me finding out? I'll take a trip there soon, I'd just like to know what to expect. This site is in Anne Arundel county, MD by the way. Thank you for any information you offer!

Happy hunting,

Mason

I remember hearing that there is a site somewhere in Maryland that does produce some cretaceous sharkteeth. I don't remember what town but the site is in a stream behind a shopping center. I do believe the info is on the forum somewhere. Maybe it was in Bowie? I hope this helps.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

2 hours ago, Darktooth said:

I remember hearing that there is a site somewhere in Maryland that does produce some cretaceous sharkteeth. I don't remember what town but the site is in a stream behind a shopping center. I do believe the info is on the forum somewhere. Maybe it was in Bowie? I hope this helps.

Upper prince George's county is Potomac formation known for its fossils (including shark and dinosaur and so on and so forth) but most is on private property, or hard to get to, but I may try that. These formations  I believe are younger.

Happy hunting,

Mason