Punta Gorda, Fl.

Mike Owens

Are there any safe locations you can take small childern without the fear of them being eaten by 'gators, Pythons or Boas? Are there any beach wash-up fossils? My youngest son & family live in Jacksonville & take the kids to visit their other grandma & grandpa in Punta Gorda several times a year. Since I have gotten them interested in fossils I'm trying to find them a good starter location. There is a service there that does fossil trips on the Peace River, but $75.00 & $100.00 for each adult & $65.00 each for child is a bit much. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, :D

Mike

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Mike, you don't have to pay a penny to hunt in the Peace River. That service is more for the identifying of the fossils people find. They're normally brought to a public park (Brownville campground) to hunt for the fossils. You can easily go there and hunt without paying a thing.

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

Hey Mike my girlfriend lives in Ponte Vedra, a little south of JAX. If your fam would like to find fossils on the home front, tell them there are shark teeth to be found on Ponte Vedra Beach if they work the tides to beat the crowds...

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

http://www.co.desoto.fl.us/index.php?optio...&Itemid=309

Brownville and Gardner both have public access ramps, and lots of hunting within walking distance of the ramp. I haven't bee out to the Peace River since the rains began, but in the winter the water is very low, and you rarely see gators.

Boat ramp in Arcadia has fossils to be found. It is hit hard by walkers though.

Pentax Optio W60

Chris, Dan, mango,

Thanks! I really appreciate all the info! Dan, I thought Ponte Vedra sounded familiar, that is where Kelly Kennedy has his Meg restoration business. I'm having Bill, of Mega Teeth, drop ship my Meg to Kelly for restoration next week. Since no seems to want it, I've decided to keep it & pass it on to one of my grandkids. I have asked my son to take my grandkids to see my Meg in person. They can do some hunting while there. Small world! Who'd a thunk! :P

Again, thanks a bunch guys!

Mike

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past