Need Another Opinion Please

Dave Bowen

I extracted this in Fort Worth from a construction site. I believe it to be a Parapuzosia <Americana, or seppenradensis> ?

The Americana looks closer to me because of the lack of ribbing that is normally found on the Sepp.

I know some of you have forgotten more than I've ever known about N Texas ammonites, so I'm looking for either confirmation, or a positive ID please. :)

Thank you!

post-1882-1247804459_thumb.jpg

post-1882-1247804483_thumb.jpg

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

I extracted this in Fort Worth from a construction site. I believe it to be a Parapuzosia <Americana, or seppenradensis> ?

The Americana looks closer to me because of the lack of ribbing that is normally found on the Sepp.

I know some of you have forgotten more than I've ever known about N Texas ammonites, so I'm looking for either confirmation, or a positive ID please. :)

Thank you!

Cont pics

post-1882-1247804595_thumb.jpg

post-1882-1247804632_thumb.jpg

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

looks kinda like eopachydiscus to me but what do i know? you'll get the definitive answer before noon, unless a couple of guys here sleep late.

Nice find! Coincidentely I found one like that at a Ft. Worth construction site a few years back, so I will be waiting on that ID too... :D

Be true to the reality you create.

Guest N.AL.hunter

I can't resist it:

"Need Another Opinion Please"

OK, you are ugly too.

In memory of the late, great R.D.

I can't resist it:

OK, you are ugly too.

haha. I didn't need confirmation on that! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, however, sometimes ugly is just obvious.

Good ol' Rodney. What a tragic loss that was.

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

I can't resist it:

OK, you are ugly too.

LOL :)

"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of

intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

-Sir David Attenborough

Eopachydiscus marcianus, basal Duck Creek Formation, about 103 million years old. Parapuzosia is found most commonly in the Austin Chalk, which outcrops farther east in the DFW area roughly around Garland and north and south from there. Nice Eo!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Eopachydiscus marcianus, basal Duck Creek Formation, about 103 million years old. Parapuzosia is found most commonly in the Austin Chalk, which outcrops farther east in the DFW area roughly around Garland and north and south from there. Nice Eo!

Yea Dan! Thank you. It does look more like an Eo, so I'll chalk ... lol this one up as officially ID'd.

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

I would like to know too, I live due north of dallas/fw on the ok/tx border. I have prob got 50 of those ammonites, I find them evertime I go to the lake. We have found them from the size of your palm up to close to 2 feet in diameter.

Eopachydiscus marcianus

If you need someone to take some ammonites out of your way at the lake, I would happy to do so. I would like to have more than one of these in my collection. :)

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Eopachydiscus marcianus

If you need someone to take some ammonites out of your way at the lake, I would happy to do so. I would like to have more than one of these in my collection. :)

If you make it to lake texoma when it is low you can find them all over. When it isn't low I find alot of them in the dry creekbeds around the lake along with many other types of fossils. In one area we have found ammonites, "devil's toenails" , what looks like cone shaped snails and even a mammoth tooth.