Is This A Good Deal

manta

I have the chance to but the following Scyphocrinites species Crinoid for $120

Do you think this is a good buy as the detail seems good but i have no idea

It is a small piece, only 9cmx8cmx2cm

Any suggestions would be great

BTTommkKGrHgoOKkYEjlLmTDiBKKJov-zQ_.jpg

Judging from your other post, your collecting style is "great display specimens", and this one more than qualifies; it's gorgeous! I don't think I'd pay that much for an average one, but this is a work of art.

I guess the value is ultimately what you're willing to pay, but this is no ordinary crinoid fossil...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Alright by the sounds of it then its a great buy.

I should have this in a few days

Cheers

Don't know enough about crinoids to make a value judgement, but if I were a collector, I would add that to my collection.. :D

Be true to the reality you create.

Guest solius symbiosus
Alright by the sounds of it then its a great buy.

I should have this in a few days

Cheers

When, in the future, looking for acquisitions, peruse the "Sales and Trades" section. There is some good stuff, from, apparently, reputable sellers. Though, I have never bought from them.

When, in the future, looking for acquisitions, peruse the "Sales and Trades" section. There is some good stuff, from, apparently, reputable sellers. Though, I have never bought from them.

Will do, just had a look at that now and can see me spending some money and having a few trades, great stuff

I know very little about crinoids but that is one of the nicest ones I have seen. After looking at your collection you seem to collect only the better pieces, the crinoid will fit in nicely. price who knows if you like it and can afford it buy that's what I say. How about a couple more pics when you get it.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

I have the chance to but the following Scyphocrinites species Crinoid for $120

Do you think this is a good buy as the detail seems good but i have no idea

It is a small piece, only 9cmx8cmx2cm

Any suggestions would be great

BTTommkKGrHgoOKkYEjlLmTDiBKKJov-zQ_.jpg

I can only say " is the sky blue?" :rolleyes:

Wow! :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Wow! :wub:

I second that! Wow! I would have probably paid more than that for this particular fossil.

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

I second that! Wow! I would have probably paid more than that for this particular fossil.

Yea I can see money made off that one if you ever have the need.

Once more WOW

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Guest N.AL.hunter

In my opinion, you might want to keep looking. These can be bought in much nicer display position and that one is small.

In my opinion, you might want to keep looking. These can be bought in much nicer display position and that one is small.

Oops!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Should be here in a few days, will post more pics when it arrives.

Agree that its not a huge peice but the detail is really good.

Thanks for everyones input

It arrived today :D :D :D

Looks good, i tired to take some more photos but the ones above look better.

IMG_3762.jpg

IMG_3763.jpg

IMG_3764.jpg

IMG_3765.jpg