Another Texas Oyster

Stacey

I was given this and was told it came from the same field in Bastrop as the mystery plant fossils I posted. I know I've seen a common name for this before, but can't seem to find it now. It's as big as my hand and heavy. Anyone?

oysfos.jpg

Grandpa is right, I posted pics of 2 of these on another thread a little while ago for someone else. They must be on a lot of peoples minds tonight.

Stacey, you really seem to like fossils time to visit the Library and book stores. I used to have walls of books now just piles of dvds, converted most to ebooks and when on the road can take them with me. The Chinese make a nice hand held scanner with memory that can plug into a usb port when doing research at a library you do not have a card at.

Stacey, you really seem to like fossils time to visit the Library and book stores. I used to have walls of books now just piles of dvds, converted most to ebooks and when on the road can take them with me. The Chinese make a nice hand held scanner with memory that can plug into a usb port when doing research at a library you do not have a card at.

Those are pretty cool to use, my daughter got one a few years ago for doing research for school. The one she has is like a oversized pen. She really likes hers.

Truth be told, I had run out of things to look for at Half Price Books. I'll see what I can find the next time I'm there.

Truth be told, I had run out of things to look for at Half Price Books. I'll see what I can find the next time I'm there.

Try here, used books read as good as new books......Good old books

Try here, used books read as good as new books......Good old books

LOL most of what they sell are old books. :) I will take a look here, for sure. Is there any particular book that is 'must have' for our area?

A field Guide To Texas Fossils

by Charles E. Finsley

published Jan 1999

Great book and a Must Have for Texans!

Im a big fan of Half-Price...

Ill go in randomly just to check on their Geology stock... (and its sad... i notice when they even add one book...)

Ive got some great "mineral fossil identification books" from the fifties

And i know in downtown houston there is a "quarter price books"

...granted I would never go into it... scary part of town!

"To do is to be." -Socrates

"People are Stupid." -Wizard's First Rule

"Happiness is a warm Jeep." -Auspex

A field Guide To Texas Fossils

by Charles E. Finsley

published Jan 1999

Great book and a Must Have for Texans!

Minor point - it's 1989. :) His other fossil book is Discover Texas Dinosaurs (1999). This may be where you got your dates mixed up. He has a third book, but that's about the Civil war in Ohio(?).

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Stacey try this link It says textbooks but it also has everything else. Just do a search on fossils and you get pages to look at. They have books starting at 75 cents but postage is 3.95 per book. Still worth looking at. I got a copy of Vertebrate Fossils A Neophytes Guide by Frank A Kocsis last month for 4.95 plus postage and the it was like new.

http://www.valorebooks.com/

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway