Fossils From Gotland Sweden

Skytt

• New Members

Does anyone know what this is?

These fossils is from the Silurian period. The first one looks like some kind of snail, and the other one could possible be some kind of jelly-fish?

post-1953-1248265836_thumb.jpg

post-1953-1248265874_thumb.jpg

post-1953-1248265911_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know what this is?

These fossils is from the Silurian period. The first one looks like some kind of snail, and the other one could possible be some kind of jelly-fish?

Your 2nd and 3rd pics look very similar to This posted by Solius. He's one of our experts on things "older than dirt". :D The others appear to be fossils in cross-section.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

It can't be jellyfish because there is no soft bodies fossils in Gotland. I have also fossils from Gotland, but I can't help with ID.

"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of

intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

-Sir David Attenborough

• New Members
It can't be jellyfish because there is no soft bodies fossils in Gotland. I have also fossils from Gotland, but I can't help with ID.

I have searched on internet and looked at many silurian fossils but i have'nt seen anything that looks like any of the two fossils i have found. Maybe there was jelly-fishes with outer shells? Also the first one is it a snail or worm and does it have a name?

I have searched on internet and looked at many silurian fossils but i have'nt seen anything that looks like any of the two fossils i have found. Maybe there was jelly-fishes with outer shells? Also the first one is it a snail or worm and does it have a name?

I think that last one is somekind cross-section of gastropod? Jellyfish has no hard outer shell. There are ca. 2000 fossil species recorded in Gotland.

"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of

intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

-Sir David Attenborough

Guest solius symbiosus

The last one is a gastropod. It has been weathered. What you are seeing is a transverse section across(orthogonal) the long axis.