Bois D'arc Reservoir - North Texas

Traviscounty

Hey Trav, I believe the lake is named Lake Ralph Hall. Do a search on this lake and they have a proposed map of the lake.You are not going to be happy when you see what the lake is going to cover up. Scuba anyone!

I really feel bad for Mommabetts.Her backyard fossil spot will be gone forever.Instead of praying for rain we will be praying for an extreme drought.

I guess they are going to build 2 reservoirs?? (when I say "they" we all know who I'm talking about) ;)

I want to form an artifact hunting group. We can approach some of these land owners and explain that these items will be lost forever! :o

Uhhhhh....Isn't that where you found those nice Mossasaur teeth?? :o

I guess we should haul as much material out of there as possible. We'll hit it hard this fall! ;)

I guess they are going to build 2 reservoirs?? (when I say "they" we all know who I'm talking about) ;)

I want to form an artifact hunting group. We can approach some of these land owners and explain that these items will be lost forever! :o

From what I was told by some of the locals the Sulphur doesn't give up many artifacts,but when it does they can be aweful nice.Do you remember seeing that that translucent palmwood point that someone posted on this forum sometime back.It was just about perfect. And I'm sure the powers that be wouldn't want someone finding anything of historical importance because it could hold up there plans for the lake.Hey that sounds like a plan :D

Hey Barry, ya got any dates? I skimmed over an artical the other day and it said soemting about 12 years until the water starts backing up.

Hey Barry, ya got any dates? I skimmed over an artical the other day and it said soemting about 12 years until the water starts backing up.

Hi Curt, that would be awesome! Gives us plenty of time to clean the place out :D Like that would ever happen :P

It's going to cover a lot, but it's not extending to the hwy 19 bridge from what I can tell. Looks like the silver lining is that we will still have a fairly large area to hunt when this is completed.

We should hunt the western reaches all we can before this happens.

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

It's going to cover a lot, but it's not extending to the hwy 19 bridge from what I can tell. Looks like the silver lining is that we will still have a fairly large area to hunt when this is completed.

Here is the problem.Starting from the 68 bridge the river starts picking up in velocity all the way through towards the Eastern reaches of the river.When the lake is built there will be no more huge volumes of water rambling through these areas exposing new material.From the proposed dam Eastward there will be just a trickle compared to when the river was free flowing.We could hope for some flooding of Lake Ralph Hall.Then they would have to release some water, but it wouldn't be near the volume that was there when the river was wild.

On a good note. Those areas East of the 19 bridge that were deep will probably be exposed once the lake is built :)

Dang! That will bury the best of the best of the Mosasaur & Fish hunting spots. That makes me sick. The plus side, most likely I won't be around to see it. Wished I hadn't looked. Ruins my day, week, month - - - - :(

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Dang! That will bury the best of the best of the Mosasaur & Fish hunting spots. That makes me sick. The plus side, most likely I won't be around to see it. Wished I hadn't looked. Ruins my day, week, month - - - - :(

This Fall if all goes well with you we can hit the area pretty hard.Of course if the rains cooperate :)

And I sincerely hope that you are around to see it built.We have some unfinished hunting to do ;)

This Fall if all goes well with you we can hit the area pretty hard.Of course if the rains cooperate :)

And I sincerely hope that you are around to see it built.We have some unfinished hunting to do ;)

I concur.

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

Shirley is retiring this Friday & we plan to start hunting, again, at the NSR. We need to get out & I need the fresh air & exercise. Neither of us can handle the heat anymore. Shirley had a heat stroke in the early eightys doing - - - guess what? Hunting fossils in a cement quarry in 105 degs. I just don't get enough air in the heat. We are looking forward to the first, below 90 deg, good hunting weather. I'll let you know when & hopefully we can get a whole herd of members to go with us, too.

B)

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Shirley is retiring this Friday & we plan to start hunting, again, at the NSR. We need to get out & I need the fresh air & exercise. Neither of us can handle the heat anymore. Shirley had a heat stroke in the early eightys doing - - - guess what? Hunting fossils in a cement quarry in 105 degs. I just don't get enough air in the heat. We are looking forward to the first, below 90 deg, good hunting weather. I'll let you know when & hopefully we can get a whole herd of members to go with us, too.

B)

A fossil forum group trip would be a good idea. Definitely after it cools down.