Need Shark Teeth Id

AeroMike

Well, I have a few teeth I think I know a couple and a couple I do not know.

I believe this to be a thresher tooth

DSC_0404800x600.jpg

This one is like my other Benidini's so I believe this to be one too

DSC_0406800x600.jpg

I am not sure about this one (Dusky?) it has serrations

DSC_0417800x600.jpg

DSC_0418800x600.jpg

Not sure about these two either

DSC_0410800x600.jpg

Check out this awesome white Angie!!!!

DSC_0400800x600.jpg

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Nice group of teeth. The first is a giant thresher (Alopias or Trigonotodus grandis depending where you read) and much rarer than a regular thresher. The second could well be a Parotodus benedeni, but from that angle could also be another giant thresher. If it is a benedeni (I really think it is) it will have a much thicker root and should be able to stand on that root like a tripod. Next is a lower jaw Carcharhinus and there are experts that can't differentiate between species, they are that similar. The last pair look like upper jaw Dusky's (Carcharhinus obscurus) Finally the last is a beauty of a Carcharocles angustidens, but you already knew that

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

The Beni & the Gt. Thresher are A-OK, and the Angie is bad to the bone!!!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Awesome! thank you so much for the info. Here is better pics of the second tooth compared to the giant Thresher.

DSC_0419800x600.jpg

DSC_0420800x600.jpg

They both kinda stand up on the root but the Beni is thicker and stands taller

DSC_0421800x600.jpg

Nice group of teeth. The first is a giant thresher (Alopias or Trigonotodus grandis depending where you read) and much rarer than a regular thresher. The second could well be a Parotodus benedeni, but from that angle could also be another giant thresher. If it is a benedeni (I really think it is) it will have a much thicker root and should be able to stand on that root like a tripod. Next is a lower jaw Carcharhinus and there are experts that can't differentiate between species, they are that similar. The last pair look like upper jaw Dusky's (Carcharhinus obscurus) Finally the last is a beauty of a Carcharocles angustidens, but you already knew that

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

They both kinda stand up on the root but the Beni is thicker and stands taller

DSC_0421800x600.jpg

Gt. Threshers are "at ease", Benidinis are "ten-hut"!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Great collection. Y'all are in shark tooth paradise on the East Coast. We find so few that are complete here.

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past