Dino Footprints

BobC

Hey guys

A guy from North Africa who subscribes to my videos sent me a link to this video and is wondering if it shows dino footprints. I have no idea what the crazy animation is in the middle of the vdieo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krsFmEzwMW4...re=channel_page

Film quality is bad, but I don't doubt that they could be Dino tracks. That rock stratum was originally at a lower level & could have been a lake shore, stream bed, etc. when the tracks were made. I don't know the geological term, but at one point in time, millions of years later, there was a violent upheaval, most likely caused by the African Continent colliding with the Asian Continent. I do know there are these type of stratum in Africa caused by this.

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Might be dino I don't know. Whats up with the flying guy with the rope around his neck. BobC please don't let him in your videos there great with out the guy.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Mike-- for being under water for most of the time of the Cretaceous, Central Texas has tons of dino footprints. We have footprints in Zilker Park, the San Gabriel River and other places, so I have seen quite a few, but I agree this video isn't clear enough to tell. I don't know this guy--he just occasionally e-mails me and asks me questions.

Seldom--just put up a echinoid hunting vid, and have another catch-of-the-weekend video on the way that shows an absolutely beautiful Tetragramma I found. I had a fantastic hunting trip even though it over 100 degrees both days. Man we have got to get some rain...

Mike-- for being under water for most of the time of the Cretaceous, Central Texas has tons of dino footprints. We have footprints in Zilker Park, the San Gabriel River and other places, so I have seen quite a few, but I agree this video isn't clear enough to tell. I don't know this guy--he just occasionally e-mails me and asks me questions.

The ocean came in & out 5X over millions of years. During the "out times" the land critters had plenty of time to make their tracks.

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Well.. this is in Algeria and a movie that has been made from a single still photo. It's without a view of the bedding plane or how the rocks are tilted. I'm not at all willing to say those are dino tracks. A closer view of the "tracks" to establish if they have any toe marks would be nice... and less of the crazy clown thingy. It creeps me out, seriously. :unsure:

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Right. That's why Central TX is so fascinating to me. Where else can you find Cretaceous sea life like echinoids, Ice Age mammals, and dinosaur footprints?

Hey I have a question Mike---dino tracks seem almost common here in Central Texas, but nobody ever finds dinosaur bones (the closest we get are ancient marine reptiles skeletons like Mosasaurs and Pleisiosaurs). Why tracks but no bones? I just read a book called "The Dinosaurs of Texas" and the author has been hunting here since the 60's--and he only ever found one dinosaur bone. I know there have been a few early era dinosaur bones here and there, but nothing compared to, say, Wyoming or the Dakotas.

Preservation as a fossil in a terrestrial environment is real hit-or-miss; more miss than hit, actually.

Rapid burial is just the first of many steps that sometimes leads to preservation.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Right--fossils are hard to make--but it just seems if conditions were right to preserve something as transitory as mud footprints, a few bones would turn up. We find a lot of mammoths and other ice age stuff, but dinosaurs don't turn up much.

Oh well. Who knows? I'm perfectly happy with my little echinoids.

I side with Shamalama, a close up would be nice

the whole thing is seriouly creepy :drool: