"heart Of Stone"

fossil_femme

Anyone want to see what a heart of stone actually looks like? well, here it is folks ... ahem ...

click here: "Heart of Stone"

"don’t you lock up something that you wanted to see fly..." chris cornell / soundgarden

Anyone want to see what a heart of stone actually looks like? well, here it is folks ... ahem ...

click here: "Heart of Stone"

I had an uncle who passed something very similar...

A nice laugh to start off a Tuesday morning.

Anyone remember Ed Conrad?

RAWR! I am zeee dead bobcat!

um, soooo....here's a heart of stone that i found near tj. must have fallen out. just kiddin' pookie. (he makes me call him "pookie").

post-488-1249388313_thumb.jpg

Guest solius symbiosus

^^Yes they did. I registered an account there just to let them know. I thought that it was pretty funny how he was accepting the conclusions of a doctor as fact. I have to wonder if he visits a paleontologist when he gets sick?

^^Yes they did. I registered an account there just to let them know. I thought that it was pretty funny how he was accepting the conclusions of a doctor as fact. I have to wonder if he visits a paleontologist when he gets sick?

HaHa! :D

When Barefoot was down in the Sulpher last year, this lady was showing her these round rocks. She said they were all dino eggs. There were hundreds of them! :o

Want to bet its on ebay soon

solius symbiosus you joined just to set them right. Thats the teacher in you cool

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Guest solius symbiosus

^^I was going to write out a post explaining why it isn't what most of them think that it is, but for some reason I didn't think that it would be worth the effort. Perhaps, in a few days when my schedule isn't as hectic.

^^I was going to write out a post explaining why it isn't what most of them think that it is, but for some reason I didn't think that it would be worth the effort. Perhaps, in a few days when my schedule isn't as hectic.

So many fallacies, so little time...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I forwarded the link to Harry Pristis, who posted a reply to the topic yesterday morning, stating that the rock was definitely not a heart ... but by early afternoon Harry's post had already been removed.

good morning germany...

"don’t you lock up something that you wanted to see fly..." chris cornell / soundgarden

Big Brother wont let any negative posts about the 'heart' allowed to be posted.

But that cracks me up....

The Rock Food Table is a few tables set up completely with 'fossilized food'! This heart business certainly reminded me of this....

Here is a link to one of my posts about the Rock Food Table... Link!

Maybe all that is is just fossilized food?

It, naturally, must have formed the same way this 'deer heart' formed! By fossilization and mineralization! In cold water!

"To do is to be." -Socrates

"People are Stupid." -Wizard's First Rule

"Happiness is a warm Jeep." -Auspex

Thanks, I haven't laughed that good in a while.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

I keep looking back at that post to see the latest comments. I'll say one thing for this guy. He's very determined, and has a great imagination.:wacko:

Big Brother wont let any negative posts about the 'heart' allowed to be posted.

But that cracks me up....

The Rock Food Table is a few tables set up completely with 'fossilized food'! This heart business certainly reminded me of this....

Here is a link to one of my posts about the Rock Food Table... Link!

Maybe all that is is just fossilized food?

It, naturally, must have formed the same way this 'deer heart' formed! By fossilization and mineralization! In cold water!

Haha! I was thinking the same thing. :P

This is what many people call "selling". If the story ( which is never put in writing) closes the sale, then the end justifies the means. That would explain the logical answer being removed from the web site- it was ruining the romancing of the stone, pardon my pun. There is no use pointing out that it is not what they say it is, they do not care. They are neither ignorant nor stupid, simply calculating. IMHO

Fosceal

This is what many people call "selling". If the story ( which is never put in writing) closes the sale, then the end justifies the means. That would explain the logical answer being removed from the web site- it was ruining the romancing of the stone, pardon my pun. There is no use pointing out that it is not what they say it is, they do not care. They are neither ignorant nor stupid, simply calculating. IMHO

Fosceal

So true.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

lol I registered and posted a pic of my fossilized nipple. I offered to trade it for harrys fossil testicle haha! Your right better then ebay. Fun times.

Is that guy's real name Ed Conrad ?

this is funny stuff - anyone else remember the infamous Smithsonian letter? Snopes says it surfaced on the Internet in the late '90s, but I remember seeing a copy in the late '80's. It's a fake (bummer), but still pretty funny:

"Thank you for your latest submission to the Institute, labeled "211-D, layer seven, next to the clothesline post. Hominid skull." We have given this specimen a careful and detailed examination, and regret to inform you that we disagree with your theory that it represents "conclusive proof of the presence of Early Man in Charleston County two million years ago." Rather, it appears that what you have found is the head of a Barbie doll, of the variety one of our staff, who has small children, believes to be the "Malibu Barbie". It is evident that you have given a great deal of thought to the analysis of this specimen, and you may be quite certain that those of us who are familiar with your prior work in the field were loathe to come to contradiction with your findings. However, we do feel that there are a number of physical attributes of the specimen which might have tipped you off to its modern origin..."

Letter from the Smithsonian

This makes me very very scared of going to the doctor now. If they agree that that looks like a heart... wow, did these guys go to med school at an online college?

Bobby