Damjan

Nice setup.  Here's some info regarding the compressor noise. 

The most effective way to minimize the noise of a smaller, home-use air compressor is to place it inside a soundproof enclosure during times of operation. When cut to the right measurements, an enclosure can be made by hand with the right boards and foaming material. For example, a horizontal portable compressor could be placed inside a handmade box constructed of 12 mm medium density fiberboard. For maximum effect, the walls should be double–plated for a total board thickness of 24 mm, in addition to a layer of inner–padding consisting of convoluted foam board.

When constructing an enclosure for your air compressor, be sure to take note of the inlet valve and tool hoses, as each will need holes through which to operate. An optimal enclosure design would include a cutout panel in the back to account for the power cord and atmospheric–air needs of the machine. In some of the best–made enclosures, the noise of a compressor can be reduced to almost zero once the lid of the box is sealed shut.

• I found this Informative 3

1 hour ago, Vaniman said:

Nice setup.  Here's some info regarding the compressor noise. 

The most effective way to minimize the noise of a smaller, home-use air compressor is to place it inside a soundproof enclosure during times of operation. When cut to the right measurements, an enclosure can be made by hand with the right boards and foaming material. For example, a horizontal portable compressor could be placed inside a handmade box constructed of 12 mm medium density fiberboard. For maximum effect, the walls should be double–plated for a total board thickness of 24 mm, in addition to a layer of inner–padding consisting of convoluted foam board.

When constructing an enclosure for your air compressor, be sure to take note of the inlet valve and tool hoses, as each will need holes through which to operate. An optimal enclosure design would include a cutout panel in the back to account for the power cord and atmospheric–air needs of the machine. In some of the best–made enclosures, the noise of a compressor can be reduced to almost zero once the lid of the box is sealed shut.

Thanks for the tip, Vaniman.  I don't have a compressor yet but I've been thinking about getting one.  Noise has been one of my concerns.  This could be very helpful.

• I found this Informative 1

9 minutes ago, Sagebrush Steve said:

Thanks for the tip, Vaniman.  I don't have a compressor yet but I've been thinking about getting one.  Noise has been one of my concerns.  This could be very helpful.

Another tip to add is this: go for the biggest volume you can afford. I made the mistake of going with a lower volume compressor (3.5 gallon tank) to save a few bucks, and in terms of noise it will turn on in a few minutes of work. The bigger the tank, the less it needs to cycle. Five minutes of noise in a half hour is preferable to the thing kicking in every five minutes!

• I found this Informative 3

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer