Pearl In The Rough

jax

Great scott, there's a large capacity for flux in this thread!

And Auspex, my dog wet herself a little when I read your observation....

:rofl:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

uhhh, it almost sounded like you were gonna' start singing toward the end there. If so, please give us a sound check first...

But back at the beach, if the most early mosasaurs were found in deposits After the Kamp Ranch storm deposit, then the "losers" and "weepers" would not be common in that beach of a storm deposit. So, in the hopes I'd find something realllllly cool (besides those pearlus jaxi) in the Kamp Ranch, I'd spend some time familiarizing myself on teeth of early mosasaurs with photos, papers, and visits to SMU.

Right now, I need to get back to my thesis on how the Storms of the Kamp Ranch were so fierce that they shook the pearls out of the Toothed pearlus jaxi oysterclams and threw them near Justin's house....

Hey John, thanks for the great info! I do need to study up more on the formation. If you know any other books or papers about it please share. Also, where at smu can i go to check some of the stuff out? I drive by there all the time.

I picked up a piece today of some Kamp ranch that is classic. I took before and after pics of washing it. Its loaded with teeth, and who knows whats under that top layer. I'll post pics later.

Justin, Google or Bing Dallasaurus and remember to come up for air now and then. You'll find plenty on early mosasaurs....

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Yum

Starting to sound like the IDEAL hunting site. Fossils, fresh water melon, did you find find a fresh 12-pack of beer there, too???

I'll be up there tomorrow and will give you a call.

O

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Great find! You really know how to find those little gems. Keep up the good work and good luck on your next hunt.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'