Looks Like A Sharks Tooth Fossel But Havely Serated

Austin2000

Hello Again You All

Since i had posted the other sharks teeth i had i had found this on later in the box. It looks like a sharks tooth but not like the others Its heavly Serated on both edges and top left. And measures 0.990" wide by 0.780" high by 0.232" thick.

Thanks Again Austin

Also please vist my gallery for more intresting items from the past

post-2015-1249749496_thumb.jpg

Hello Again You All

Since i had posted the other sharks teeth i had i had found this on later in the box. It looks like a sharks tooth but not like the others Its heavly Serated on both edges and top left. And measures 0.990" wide by 0.780" high by 0.232" thick.

Thanks Again Austin

Also please vist my gallery for more intresting items from the past

It appears you have an example of Galeocerdo cuveri (Tiger shark). Such teeth are associated with the Pliocene.

Yep fossilselachian knows his sharks teeth I agree it is Galeocerdo cuveri (Tiger shark).

The best days are spent collecting fossils

Definitely a tiger shark, however the correct name is Galeocerdo cuvier, named after Georges Cuvier, an early 19th century researcher.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Georges Cuvier was a french man. His complete name is "Georges Jean Léopold Nicolas Frédéric Dagobert Cuvier"... He was a part of founders of the compared anatomy, very useful for good IDs.

I agree Galeocerdo cuvier for this tooth.

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Pareidolia : here

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

I agree also. B)B)B):)

Hi Their

Those sure look the same well nicer actualy thanks again for the info any thoughts on the ivory teeth i have thanks Austin :faint:

Hi Their

Those sure look the same well nicer actualy thanks again for the info any thoughts on the ivory teeth i have thanks Austin :faint:

Oh Ya here is the image sorry

post-2015-1249777939_thumb.jpg

Nice tiger shark tooth, They are actually one of my favs.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Definitely a tiger shark, however the correct name is Galeocerdo cuvier, named after Georges Cuvier, an early 19th century researcher.

Northern:

Yes, you are most definitely correct re the spelling. It's just one of those names I somewhat consistently misspell if I don't don't stop and think about it. :faint: