Help With Gainesville Creeks

Kyle

I live about 2 hours from Gainesville and would love to search some of the creeks the town has to offer, however, I have no clue what creeks to visit and after some research am still a little confused about how its done. I know nobody wants to give up their hotspots, but if anyone could help out and give me a point in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Kyle

Your best bet is three lakes creek its marked on the locations map so you can get easy driving directions if its a weekend just park at the daycare center by the dumpster, if its a week day you will have to park at the church off of 34th st behind the daycare you can walk right through there. You will need a small shovel and a sifter just dig into the clay and you should find something. If you know which day you are going try getting ahold of Cris, Worthy55, Sundancer73, Pristiformes, or edd. One of them may be able to meet up with you and show you a decent spot.

• I found this Informative 1

I've found three lakes to be the worst :blink: maybe you guys got there first!

I tend to be in rattlesnake all part of the hogtown... you can google gainesville creeks for a map. there are plenty to choose from. same goes for members here, plenty of nice folks.

I used to find all my fossils in Rattlesnake creek. Glen springs green was good time but they started to run people out and I think there are no tresspassing signs now. Right before I left town I started going to Quail Ridge Creek and it was loaded with stuff but not sure if people had started going there?

Awesome, thanks for the tips everyone! I am hoping to get down there this upcoming weekend with weather permitting, if anyone would like to meet up it'd be great. I have been diving for 8 years now and am very comfortable underwater, so if anyone knows of good spots to dive I'd be game.

Kyle

• 2 weeks later...
I've found three lakes to be the worst :blink: maybe you guys got there first!

I tend to be in rattlesnake all part of the hogtown... you can google gainesville creeks for a map. there are plenty to choose from. same goes for members here, plenty of nice folks.

Right on about the websites with maps.

I have had a lot of luck on Ridgeview creek. There is a no tresspassing sign a little bit south of where it goes under NW 24th Terr though (if you are headed north on the creek, stop at the large man hole structure which is right before their property)

I have had a lot of luck in Glen Springs Run as well. I went through there a few times with my focus on the streambed, and then one day I glanced up to see a no trespassing sign right over my head on a large tree stump. Rather embarrassing.

I can't remember what road Glen Springs crossed right before it emptied into possum creek, but when I last visited about a year ago, there was a really nice gravel bed there that would probably make for some nice sifting if you weren't interested in walking the streams.