Finally Austin Sharkteeth

makoken

BFG, you about gave me a heart attach with that new avatar!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Yeah I thought I would go retro for awhile. My dad actually saw that pict and said I did look just like my mother.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

im thinkin it's a bulverde ken...perds have a distinct v-shaped notch in the base.

Thanks, I was leaning that way!

Thanks, I was leaning that way!

A Bulverde point has a fairly distinctive, finely chipped, wedge shaped base. Yours has the general shape, but the base (in the pic) doesn't seem to fit a Bulverde. Since you have it in hand, you should see if a Lange point matches the characteristics better. Looks like a good day. B)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

We had a good time. Barry is a good house guest, he didn't do any whining and even washed some of my dishes. :)

Here's a couple of things I found. I'm missing my other bag. Did anyone mention how hot it is here?

post-1159-1251123991_thumb.jpg

You should come and visit it was about 86 here yesterday and is cool and overcast here now. I can feel it, fall will be here soon.

Love your finds!!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Here's a couple of things I found. I'm missing my other bag. Did anyone mention how hot it is here?

Man, if we had a shark's-teeth-in-matrix layer out here, I'd still be collecting them!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Man, if we had a shark's-teeth-in-matrix layer out here, I'd still be collecting them!

I would like to thank a couple of forum members for a couple of site tips. (they know who they are) For me it was a learning experience. I have found a few sites, but realized that I've got to break out the maps, and find more sites on my own. I know that this is the experience that I truly want.

Collecting fossils is pretty cool, but figuring out where to find them is more rewarding. :D

We had a good time. Barry is a good house guest, he didn't do any whining and even washed some of my dishes. :)

Dang it! I wondered where I dropped that.....

Nice method of display, I didn't realize you had found so many ptychodus. You were just quietly packing them away!!

Here are a few pics from the trip.

Our cheering section consisted of these two Red Eared Sliders.They posed for me knowing that I love cold blooded critters.The Turkey Buzzard was lofting on the thermals in the area.And the Lake Travis picture is to show how low the lake actually is.That cliff on the left is where people used to dive off from.The lake is now about 45% full.It's disheartening to see in person.

post-417-1251254909_thumb.jpgpost-417-1251254930_thumb.jpgpost-417-1251254963_thumb.jpg

I love cold blooded critters.

Then you sould meet my exwife

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway