Lake Texoma Finds

TXHunter

Here are some ammonite pieces I found at Texoma last Saturday. I also have 3 larger pieces I will take photos of tomorrow and add.

Try and ignore everything except the gray ammonite pieces, they are mixed in with a bunch of NSR finds (which is another post).

I lugged about 150 lbs of ammonite pieces for a mile or so back to the parking lot (in 50 yard increments). I am still sore 4 days later.

I also ran into fellow board member R_Case at Texoma, he's a really nice guy.

-

post-1990-1251339800_thumb.jpg

post-1990-1251339812_thumb.jpg

post-1990-1251339825_thumb.jpg

Sutures! I love sutures...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Here are some ammonite pieces I found at Texoma last Saturday. I also have 3 larger pieces I will take photos of tomorrow and add.

Try and ignore everything except the gray ammonite pieces, they are mixed in with a bunch of NSR finds (which is another post).

I lugged about 150 lbs of ammonite pieces for a mile or so back to the parking lot (in 50 yard increments). I am still sore 4 days later.

I also ran into fellow board member R_Case at Texoma, he's a really nice guy.

-

That's why all the fragments are still there. Most of us aren't willing to carry 150 pounds of fragments out. :) I have a rule about Texoma now. It doesn't leave the area unless it's complete, very near complete, or a fragment that is very unusual. That's just too long a walk. lol.

You will become much more picky about what you lug out, the more you go. haha. Very cool finds though. I have many partials along my driveway. They are still very cool to have.

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

What is it about Texas and long walks? I remember my trip there (my feet sure do... :faint: )

Yes, very nice sutures... :drool:

Be true to the reality you create.