Help From Admin.... Changing Forum "skin"

Pitviper

So out of curiosity I changed the "skin" for the forum to some default, and now I can't see any embedded images, and it's just an ugly blue forum.... but now the button isn't there to change it back? I've logged out and in, refreshed a million times.... any thoughts?

"Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only to what we know of it."

well currently there is only one skin the other is coming shortly. But i wouldnt call this one ugly so I am thinking your computer is still cacheing the old blue skin. so on your browser cleaar you history and cookies then run disk cleanup and clear out all temp files now SHUT DOWN your computer don't restart but SHUT DOWN. wait about 10 seconds and then turn your computer back on and come back and you should see a nice looking blue forum with a nice logo.

well currently there is only one skin the other is coming shortly. But i wouldnt call this one ugly so I am thinking your computer is still cacheing the old blue skin. so on your browser cleaar you history and cookies then run disk cleanup and clear out all temp files now SHUT DOWN your computer don't restart but SHUT DOWN. wait about 10 seconds and then turn your computer back on and come back and you should see a nice looking blue forum with a nice logo.

Must be a PC thing? :D

So out of curiosity I changed the "skin" for the forum to some default, and now I can't see any embedded images, and it's just an ugly blue forum.... but now the button isn't there to change it back? I've logged out and in, refreshed a million times.... any thoughts?

Maybe you're running the IP Board Lo Fi skin?

I'm using the IP Board skin and not liking it much. The other skin was easier on my eyes I think.

RAWR! I am zeee dead bobcat!

Congrats for the new forum!

But before this forum was slow.... now is more slow of before...... why?????Also a my friend have the same problem....

Thanks,

Cheers,

Red

->>>>> :)<

Congrats for the new forum!

But before this forum was slow.... now is more slow of before...... why?????Also a my friend have the same problem....

Thanks,

Cheers,

Red

It is the same for me. Ia have to wait for 9 or 10 secondes to have a new page !

I use IE (with Firefox, I can't traduce a full page in one time). I hope this time will be shorter...

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Pareidolia : here

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Hmmm that's odd. I will see about getting it to run a little faster. The pages are loading on the server faster than before actually about half the time. One major Difference is that these servers are on the west coast in Nevada and one in California. I decided to use this host mostly because of price and because of triple redundancy and multiple backups per day.

it's mad at you cause you havent been on in a while! where ya been bro?

Hey Phil,

I was just thinking about you earlier... someone left an article on my desk from this month's scientific american... the article was on post KT boundary ammonites in NJ brooks. I did some brook hunting in Florida last week but that's for another post :)

Is this what the browser looks like to you??

637016230_DpZXN-L.jpg

There is another thing also which disappeared with the new forum, and it was nevertheless very practical: under avatars, there is no more a location of the members. It is important for the Europeans of knowledge where you are, that helps to understand your reports of searchs.

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Pareidolia : here

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

That's it. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

There is another thing also which disappeared with the new forum, and it was nevertheless very practical: under avatars, there is no more a location of the members. It is important for the Europeans of knowledge where you are, that helps to understand your reports of searchs.

Coco

It is being worked on right now. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Funny that I messed with the skin setting just as the site was changing. Oh well. Thanks for your reply.

It actually didn't look like this when I first changed it, this is better.

Hey Phil,

I was just thinking about you earlier... someone left an article on my desk from this month's scientific american... the article was on post KT boundary ammonites in NJ brooks. I did some brook hunting in Florida last week but that's for another post :)

637016230_DpZXN-L.jpg

Same

<rolling eyes>

did you look in the pockets in the dirty jeans in the laundry hamper? that's where you left those newbie profiles that went missing last week...

<tapping foot on floor with hands on hips. looking exasperated>

what's this?! what's this right here?!

<picking up photo of rare 8.5" megalodon tooth off of the floor>

look! on the back of this is written, "upload to forum auction section. don't forget"!

this is just as wrong as what the astros are doing to me!