Crystals From The Texas Coast.

Traviscounty

They remind me of Gypsum crystals ...are they soft??

Not soft. The one small, more pronounced one is different. Probably just quartz.

Travis, if acid doesn't phase them and you can easily pound one into a whitish powder, then it's "dirty" selenite (gypsum). It's fairly common in some of the spoils along the Texas coast.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Travis, if acid doesn't phase them and you can easily pound one into a whitish powder, then it's "dirty" selenite (gypsum). It's fairly common in some of the spoils along the Texas coast.

So, you're saying it's not Kryptonite? Ha! It seems harder than the gypsum I have found, but??. I'm gonna have the best gypsum and fossilized burrow collection ever.

Did I mention that when I rubbed it, a magical gnome gave me 3 wishes?

See if you can scratch it with your fingernail??? If you are a nail biter like me then ask Natalia to perform the test :D

well, they look water tumbled, and that makes it hard to discern the original structure, but i would certainly think some evaporitic deposit like calcium sulphate would be logical.

Haha. I find bucketloads of those at a time. They can be scratched with a fingernail, FYI. (I have been told my fingernails are harder than normal, though...)

And you say youll have the best gypsum/fossilized burrow collection? That is the only thing I hunt.... but I wonder if you went to my hunting grounds.... -glares-

"To do is to be." -Socrates

"People are Stupid." -Wizard's First Rule

"Happiness is a warm Jeep." -Auspex