New Hockey Card Box Featuring Artifacts And Fossils

sweeneyb

I was in my local baseball card store and found out that there is a new hockey cards coming out made by Upperdeck that features artifacts and fossils in them that can be pulled. Even though it is 1:240 packs I still thought it was pretty cool. Who would have thought they would ever combine fossils with baseball cards. They even have a cool slogan on the box that reads: Where the Ice Meets the Ice Age...

Here is the link to check out one of the cards:

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/latest-sports-collecting-news/upper-deck-champs-hockey-ice-meets-ice-age.html

post-502-12517573388482_thumb.jpg

post-502-12517580799643_thumb.jpg

post-502-12517580869318_thumb.jpg

post-502-12517581013537_thumb.jpg

Now I've seen everything...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Whats wrong with collecting Dino Cards:rolleyes:

I have the complete Jurassic Park card set

And at lest three other sets to bootB)

Dino hockey...

I want to see a Stegosaur slap-shot!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

It is bizarre, but if it gets new people into the hobby, that's great! My friends think I'm bizarre for collecting "dead things".

You would think that the company would create a set of prehistoric animal cards and then use those "real fossil" as the "chase" cards (the rare subset) for it. I have some of the cards from the early 60's (some with Charles R. Knight artwork) and some of the ones from the 90's. Arby's gave out extinct mammal cards in their kid's meals for a short time in 2001. Yeah, I admit it. I have some of those too.

Guest Smilodon

You would think that the company would create a set of prehistoric animal cards and then use those "real fossil" as the "chase" cards (the rare subset) for it. I have some of the cards from the early 60's (some with Charles R. Knight artwork) and some of the ones from the 90's. Arby's gave out extinct mammal cards in their kid's meals for a short time in 2001. Yeah, I admit it. I have some of those too.

Do you have the Arby's one that talks about the "crustaceous" period?

Do you have the Arby's one that talks about the "crustaceous" period?

Did that actually happen?

Fossil-trivia-pop-collecting-error...what a hoot!

Guest Smilodon

Did that actually happen?

Fossil-trivia-pop-collecting-error...what a hoot!

Yes, I looked for it but I must have tossed it. They also had one about the 90-foot-long giant shark.

I have to tell you, I get "crustaceous" a lot. Even my boss at the museum called it that last week!

Yes, I looked for it but I must have tossed it. They also had one about the 90-foot-long giant shark.

I have to tell you, I get "crustaceous" a lot. Even my boss at the museum called it that last week!

I will have to check for the crustaceous card. The 1962 card set has a card that calls a nothosaur a "Muschelkalk." Somewhere along the line, someone mistook the rock formation for the animal.

There have been quite a few "dinosaur" card sets. Some were promo items like the Arby's set - available for only a short time.