Plano, Texas Hunting Areas?

PaleoPutz

Hello,

I will be in the Plano area in a little over a month on a short trip with the wife and one of her friends. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction towards a couple spots I could surface hunt. I won't have that much time because the trip really isn't for hunting. However, I don't make it to Texas much so I was hoping I could find something to take back. Anything in the usual suspect category would be great: teeth, maybe some ammonite if they are around.

I wouldn't ask for your favorite spots or anything like that. Any areas where I might be able to find anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time...

Hello,

I will be in the Plano area in a little over a month on a short trip with the wife and one of her friends. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction towards a couple spots I could surface hunt. I won't have that much time because the trip really isn't for hunting. However, I don't make it to Texas much so I was hoping I could find something to take back. Anything in the usual suspect category would be great: teeth, maybe some ammonite if they are around.

I wouldn't ask for your favorite spots or anything like that. Any areas where I might be able to find anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time...

Hi Paleo,there isn't much in the way of fossils around the Plano area.There are creeks around there,but mainly you will find Inoceramus"large flat oyster" parts and pieces.Plano lies within the Kau "Cretaceous austin chalk" in which megafossils are scarce.You would need to drive anywhere from 20 to 50 minutes away from Plano to do any good.I'll PM you a spot ,but it is 30-40 minutes away from Plano.

Thanks for the help.. It is greatly appreciated. Around a 30 minute drive is fine especially to the North and West of Plano. We are driving from the Tulsa area and will be spending some time in the Dallas area as well.

Thanks again...