Where To Get Heavy Duty Display Stand Or Easel?

Fossilcollector

Hi,

I need a very strong heavy duty display stand or easel, in hurry. They need to be able to support a slab that measures 3 ft x 3 ft and 6" thick and weighs 80 lbs. So I'm probably looking for a sturdy metal easel.

Any suggestions?

-YvW

• 6 months later...

Staples/Office Depot sells easels, some are metal, not altogether sure if they'd take the weight.

Easily made from cheap 2x2 lumber. I suspect that's the route you're going to have to take, I can't think of too many applications for a high-load easel. Bear in mind that they can be tippy, good chance of injury or damage if there's much foot traffic going by. A simple braced "L" shaped stand would display the slab on a sturdy table.

Staples/Office Depot sells easels, some are metal, not altogether sure if they'd take the weight.

Easily made from cheap 2x2 lumber. I suspect that's the route you're going to have to take, I can't think of too many applications for a high-load easel. Bear in mind that they can be tippy, good chance of injury or damage if there's much foot traffic going by. A simple braced "L" shaped stand would display the slab on a sturdy table.

I know fossil dealers who hire welders for custom stands. I know another dealer who with the help of his dad is learning to do his own welding/standmaking.