My trilobite of the week.

rew

34 minutes ago, rew said:

That was my last trilobite of the week.  There are no more unless I get more

Well, I am very sad to see this come to a (regular) end. But that was a really awesome one to go out on!!  Thank you again for posting all of these, I have really enjoyed it.  I hope you do get some more!!!

• I Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ClearLake said:

Well, I am very sad to see this come to a (regular) end. But that was a really awesome one to go out on!!  Thank you again for posting all of these, I have really enjoyed it.  I hope you do get some more!!!

I'm glad you liked it.  Soon I will by starting "My echinoderm of the week" and then the process goes on for another year or so.

Edited by rew
  • Enjoyed 1

Well that is quite the collection, and if your echinoderm collection is at all comparable.... I dunno, I guess I'll be repeating myself in a year!

14 hours ago, rew said:

That was my last trilobite of the week.  There are no more unless I get more.

I've enjoyed seeing all the trilobites (378 of them) posted over the last five years. An excellent thread for spectacular trilobite diversity and high quality photography.

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

I’m quite new to collecting trilobites and I found this thread pretty much when it’s finished. Nonetheless I went through every single post in the past 24hs and it was a beautiful journey. And excellent learning experience and amazement in pretty much every page. the accompanying texts are very entertaining to read too. Now I know that there’s a long, long road ahead in my collection. Thank you for sharing! 

20 hours ago, Wafflero27 said:

I’m quite new to collecting trilobites and I found this thread pretty much when it’s finished. Nonetheless I went through every single post in the past 24hs and it was a beautiful journey. And excellent learning experience and amazement in pretty much every page. the accompanying texts are very entertaining to read too. Now I know that there’s a long, long road ahead in my collection. Thank you for sharing! 

There's more than 22,000 species. You're in for a lifetime of fun if you go down this road.

• Thank You 1

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 6:06 PM, Mark Kmiecik said:

There's more than 22,000 species. You're in for a lifetime of fun if you go down this road.

I long ago decided that I wasn't going to try to get every species.  In fact, I decided I wasn't going to try to get every fully articulated species.

But there's still some bugs on my "I'd like to get this" list.

Edited by rew

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2024 at 9:38 PM, rew said:

But there's still some bugs on my "I'd like to get this" list.

I'm curious, given the depth and breadth of your collection, what's "missing" from it. What are you looking for?

• 1 month later...

I am sad to see this thread come to a slow down. Your specimens are drool worth and now I can't look at my little collection without major envy lol.

• 1 month later...

@rew

I often go back and look at this wonderful collection.
What I'm interested in is how you displayed these hundreds of trilobites.
Could you perhaps post a photo of the exhibited collection?