Some Kind Of Fish Skull Maybe? And What About The Other

dbtjunkie

• New Members

Ive got 2 things here i am not sure about. both came from greensmill run in greenville nc. the first i believe is some kind of skull it is about an inch long 1/2 inch wide on one end and 3/4 inch wide on the other rounded on top and flat with a small cavity on the bottom. the second is , well i have no idea. maybe some of you can help. thanks dbt

post-258-1203987845_thumb.jpg

post-258-1203988020_thumb.jpg

post-258-1203988217_thumb.jpg

post-258-1203988426_thumb.jpg

Ive got 2 things here i am not sure about. both came from greensmill run in greenville nc. the first i believe is some kind of skull it is about an inch long 1/2 inch wide on one end and 3/4 inch wide on the other rounded on top and flat with a small cavity on the bottom. the second is , well i have no idea. maybe some of you can help. thanks dbt

If your camera won't focus for a close-up, put the object on your scanner. Crop the scan, save to a JPEG file (low resolution), then improve it with your editing software. You should get near-photographic quality, and the scanner does the focusing.

See the "Photographing Fossils" in the FOSSIL MEDIA sub-forum for tips on improving the usefulness of images posted here.

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Hi

The first three pics are of a mold of a fish nasal cavity. I have found a few of them in southwest Florida. My daughter calls them fish noses. :) I have no idea on a species.

dbtjunkie... does your camera have a "macro" setting for closeups?

Hey Lance,

Do you know that you are using my picture in your profile? It's my lizard, and the finger is mine too, by the way. Where did you get it?

Is that really yours? What kind of lizard is it I want one.

Yes it is. Well, it was. I dont have it any more. The thing is that it doesnt have the fin on the back, the guy added that to the picture for a dramatic dimetrodon effect. It's called horny toad or horned lizard, hernandesi species. I had 14 of them at one point but learned the hard way that they don't do well in captivity. And trust me - you don't want one - your life would become a nightmare if you tired to keep one, especially a baby one. They are supposed to each a specific type of ants which is hard to get and react to smallest deviation in their environment.

I don't mind if he uses that picture - i just want to know how he got it.

Man, I was saving up to buy one of those. I could just see having a 15 ft one running around in the swamps around here!!! Look out Anson LOL!!!! :ahah3: :ahah3:

It's my bone!!!